Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jeff White
01-27-1999, 10:40 AM
We have just acquired an '88 325ix that appears to be riding on the original Boge shocks. They are seriously in need of replacement. Any recommendations for Boge vs Bilstein (or others)? My use is for the street as a daily driver, no racing but perhaps an occasional driver school. <br>Thanks.<p>PS. I've also posted this question on Gus Melo's E30 message board.

Callan
01-27-1999, 11:10 PM
I've had good long-term exper. with Boge Turbo Gas struts/shocks. While the Bilsteins have a strong name rep. I haven't seen any longer life from them. Use new hardware and replace the rebound cushions if you don't end up with the Bilsteins. Lube the upper shock mounts well if they're still in good shape otherwise replace them if they bind or feel too loose. All the IX cars that I've worked on seem to go through front end parts sooner than the regular 3 series models.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index