Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Spencer
01-27-1999, 05:40 PM
Hello,<p> I was hoping to aquire some information about what is wrong with my car. (Manual) Upon acceleration in gear the engine seems to stutter at the beginning, then fall into normal cycle, then stutter again right before it is time to change gears. I sounds to me like something is not catching or engine is misfiring. This malfunction doe NOT occur constantly sometimes it happens in all gears, some, and none. It seems as if it is dependent upon how hard the accelerator is pressed. This also never occurs when the engine is cold, only happens when engine has reached its normal operating temperature. I have just put in new plat.4 spark plugs and changed the fuel filter and air cleaner is clean, still the problem persist, can anyone help? Please.

WillO Shrewsbury, PA
01-27-1999, 06:47 PM
<i>: Hello,<p>: I was hoping to aquire some information about what is wrong with my car. (Manual) Upon acceleration in gear the engine seems to stutter at the beginning, then fall into normal cycle, then stutter again right before it is time to change gears. I sounds to me like something is not catching or engine is misfiring. This malfunction doe NOT occur constantly sometimes it happens in all gears, some, and none. It seems as if it is dependent upon how hard the accelerator is pressed. This also never occurs when the engine is cold, only happens when engine has reached its normal operating temperature. I have just put in new plat.4 spark plugs and changed the fuel filter and air cleaner is clean, still the problem persist, can anyone help? Please.<p></i>Sounds like a vacuum leak, but you need a mechanic to look at it. Could be several different<br>things. Don't take too much offense at the Mazda dude, he was probably abused as a child.<p>WillO

Bradley Ray
01-31-1999, 10:31 AM
Sounds to me like a classic case of a faulty plug wire. Have they been replaced ever? They are not the cheapest thing to replace. I have an 8mm set of Bavarian Auto sports on my car but I still have the factory wires they were like $150. I would suggest that you go to a place like "Tech Tune" or any place with a DynoJet. They can analize the problem for usually under $30. If this turn up to be the problem I can send you my origional 91 318is wires cheap. Good Luck!

Spencer
02-01-1999, 01:46 PM
<i>: Sounds to me like a classic case of a faulty plug wire. Have they been replaced ever? They are not the cheapest thing to replace. I have an 8mm set of Bavarian Auto sports on my car but I still have the factory wires they were like $150. I would suggest that you go to a place like "Tech Tune" or any place with a DynoJet. They can analize the problem for usually under $30. If this turn up to be the problem I can send you my origional 91 318is wires cheap. Good Luck!<p></i> Hey,<p>You hit the nail right on the head, last week I took all the spark plug wires out and cleaned them thoroughly and car has been running almost perfectly. Dealership wanted $82.95 per wire, which I thought was absolutely ridiculous so I am happy I was able to fix it myself. Thank you <br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index