Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tye
01-28-1999, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone has put an E30 M3 engine in a 318I? I am planning on purchasing an engine for my 318I and want to upgrade to more power. Any suggestions on the M3 engine or another type of engine would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
01-29-1999, 02:41 AM
You can put a 3.5 litre engin in for a little bit more. I know that Schneller Motorsports makes kits for stuffing 3.5's into E30's. The power increase is phenomenal and you will be in the 5 sec. range for 0-60 times. The 3.5 litre is not much more than a 1.8 infact. If you check the bavarian engine exchange the price difference is almost irrelevant compared to the power increase.<br>Andrew<br>88' 325is

Dean
01-29-1999, 12:57 PM
Do you know of anyone with the swap. Does the car run hot?<p>D

Andrew
02-01-1999, 01:06 AM
One of my friens did it and he said that basically the all the engine mounts are fine except for one. The radiator is fine but need to be moved up and I believe thet the prop shaft needs to be altered. It does shift the weight and if you live in a winter climate it's like having a pivot on the front of the car.<p>Andrew<br>88' 325is

JD
02-06-1999, 01:06 AM
The prices on the two engines are somewhat similar, but those prices also assume that you have all the collateral mechanical components. You would be buying an engine without any intake system, fuel system, ECU or exhaust. Assuming that you did not already have a complete 3.5 to strip, it would cost a bundle to get all that stuff together, even greater sums for the M3. You might be better off having the old engine rebuilt or buying better car.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index