Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

mike
02-04-1999, 09:04 PM
I own a 1987 325 is that does not have a ABS light nor does the ABS appear to function. My questionb is didn't all "IS's" come stock w/ ABS. Everybody that I know that has one (3) all have it. Is it possible or has my car been tampered with? I'm the 2nd owner so i have no history of the car prior to me.<p>thanx,

WillO
02-04-1999, 09:42 PM
<i>: I own a 1987 325 is that does not have a ABS light nor does the ABS appear to function. My questionb is didn't all "IS's" come stock w/ ABS. Everybody that I know that has one (3) all have it. Is it possible or has my car been tampered with? I'm the 2nd owner so i have no history of the car prior to me.<p>: thanx,<p></i>Pop hood, look on drivers side, underneath the black intake/ airfilter box. Is there a metallic lookin metal thingy with little pipes that says ABS/BOSCH on it? No? then you ain't got ABS. This can be good because there is less weight, and you need a rocket scientist with all the right stuff to fix it when it breaks. Do you have it or not?<p>Will<br>88 325ix w/abs

Callan
02-04-1999, 10:01 PM
WillO was right about looking for the pump assembly at the front. Your car should have ABS as all BMWs from '86 got it standard for US prod. cars. Some one may have pulled the bulb inside the dash/cluster to hide a dead system or one with problems. Usually people blow the "voltage protection" relay that sits on top of the ABS control unit when they jump start a 3[about $45] but real lowlifes try to hide things by diconnecting the ABS control unit or pull the above mentioned bulb. <p>Let us know what you find out.

Ken J
02-05-1999, 10:54 AM
<i>: I own a 1987 325 is that does not have a ABS light nor does the ABS appear to function. My questionb is didn't all "IS's" come stock w/ ABS. Everybody that I know that has one (3) all have it. Is it possible or has my car been tampered with? I'm the 2nd owner so i have no history of the car prior to me.<p>: thanx,<p>Hi Mike,<br>I saw that you replied to my question about E30 front ends so I thought I'd return the favor. Check out: www.carfax.com & click on the free lemon check at the bottom of the page. This will tell you a lot about your car including wether or not it was a production or conversion to "is". For a fee of $20 they will send you all body damage reports & recall info. <p>Good Luck,<br>Ken J

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index