Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Robert
02-06-1999, 05:31 PM
I just found out my trusted mechanic cheated me I<br>just received my car back after a few days in the shop<br>for a tuneup and a few preventive items like timing belt drive belts etc . When the car was given back they told me that the car was fine I get home and the next day the car hesitated to start and when it did the idle was pretty bad, after a while I notice that check engine light was not flashing as it does in situation like this one after cheking a while found out that they took out the bulb so it would not flash .... I trusted this guy now I don't trust anyone Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronald
02-07-1999, 12:07 AM
<br><i>: I just found out my trusted mechanic cheated me I<br>: just received my car back after a few days in the shop<br>: for a tuneup and a few preventive items like timing belt drive belts etc . When the car was given back they told me that the car was fine I get home and the next day the car hesitated to start and when it did the idle was pretty bad, after a while I notice that check engine light was not flashing as it does in situation like this one after cheking a while found out that they took out the bulb so it would not flash .... I trusted this guy now I don't trust anyone Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p></i>seems like they spent more time taking out <br>the bulb than actually fulfilling your work<br>order!!!<br>its best to learn how to repair your own car.<br>this way YOU know the job was done right.<br>

Caleb Bay
02-07-1999, 12:31 PM
Did you get your money back?

Robert
02-07-1999, 09:02 PM
<i>: Did you get your money back?<p>Not yet I'm going back monday<br></i>

jocko
02-08-1999, 01:05 AM
Exactly Ronald <p>it seems that if you want something done right you will have to learn to do it yourself<p>Personally i would much rather spend the $<br>on speacilty tools and maybe even misdiagnosed<br>parts then to trust so called repair shops<p>at least when you do it yourself you know<br>what was done and what was not<p><br>watch em <p>watch em like a hawk

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index