Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ted
02-08-1999, 10:55 AM
Looks like the stock 525IS spoiler but will fit.<p>The dealer wants $400. BMP used sell for $300 but no longer carries it. Any other place?<p>T

Ken J
02-08-1999, 03:19 PM
<i>: Looks like the stock 525IS spoiler but will fit.<p>: The dealer wants $400. BMP used sell for $300 but no longer carries it. Any other place?<p>: T<p>I assume you mean 325is, I would check local junk yards. You can get a deal this way & get the brake ducts and mounting brackets. I have one that was involved in a front impact accident that is in great condition - a couple of scuff marks. The car was totaled but this ABS plastic piece somehow survived. I would sell it for $100 + shipping / no brackets included

Ted
02-08-1999, 03:34 PM
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/cars/MikeWebb.html<p>Has a red 5 series car. The Spoiler is not too discernable.<p>The rear spoiler basically looks like the ones found on the 1987-1991 325is except that it sticks out twice as much and it's two toned in color. The outer most part is black made of rubber like stuff, the inner most "tone" matches the color of the car. Yes they made these to fit E30 but noone seems to carry them at the salvage yards.<p>Hope this helps.<p>Thanks again<p>Ted

Ken J
02-08-1999, 03:56 PM
<i>: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/cars/MikeWebb.html<p>: Has a red 5 series car. The Spoiler is not too discernable.<p>: The rear spoiler basically looks like the ones found on the 1987-1991 325is except that it sticks out twice as much and it's two toned in color. The outer most part is black made of rubber like stuff, the inner most "tone" matches the color of the car. Yes they made these to fit E30 but noone seems to carry them at the salvage yards.<p>: Hope this helps.<p>: Thanks again<p>: Ted<br>I'm at a loss, have you actually seen this spoiler on a 3 series? With all the different spoilers out there, it's hard for them to show pictures for each one. It could just be a typo. Anyhow, the #1 source for hard to find BMW parts is the BMWCCA & it's magazine, the "Roundel"

Ted
02-08-1999, 06:10 PM
I have never seen in on an E30 in person.<p>BMP of Texas used to sell it.<p>They actually sold it for all 3, 5, and 6 series models. <p>When I called BMP a few weeks ago, they said they stop carrying it. Their 1995 catalog does have it pictured on a 5 series BMW.<p>The local BMW dealer does carry it but at a $400 price tag (ouch- special order). The local Salvage yards I have visited said they have never seen one on an E30. <p>Mesa Performance in California said they could order it for about $374 plus shipping. <p>I think it's just one of these hard to find parts. <p>Thanks,<p>Ted

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index