Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Robert
02-08-1999, 06:59 PM
<i><br></i> Hello,<p>My 91 318is needs new spark plug wires and I am not very interested in paying my dealership $85 for each wire. Does anyone know where I can get a better deal for same or better wires. Any and all suggestions are welcomed, hoping to get name of internet company that I can order from that someone has done business with before and was satisfied.<p>Thank You

Dustin
02-08-1999, 07:17 PM
<i>: <br>: Hello,<p>: My 91 318is needs new spark plug wires and I am not very interested in paying my dealership $85 for each wire. Does anyone know where I can get a better deal for same or better wires. Any and all suggestions are welcomed, hoping to get name of internet company that I can order from that someone has done business with before and was satisfied.<p>: Thank You<p>Well I must say I felt the same way the last time I had to get spark plug wires for my 325E I couldn't belive what a high price they where so i bought some really cheap ones (49.99 cheapest i could find) and I learnt my lesson really quick, They lasted 5,000 miles then my car started missing like crazy and getting really bad gas mileage and low power. So I went and bought some good plug wires from Advance Auto Parts if my memory serves me correctly they where like $86 for the whole set (plus mines a I-6) and they don't look the best but they sure as heck are good, I havn't had any problems at all with them although next time I replace them I'm gonna get the High Performance wires from either Bavarian Autosport or Turner Motorsport because they look really awsome and should last a really really long time. So if I where you I would just go ahead and order a set of the Hi-Performance wires I think you will eb much happier, have a nicer looking engine compartment and have trouble free plug wires and maybe even an extra (1) HP. You never know :) Hope this helps.

Kurt
02-08-1999, 08:35 PM
I've found magnacore aftermarket performance wires for $60 for my 325es (that's 6 wires, 7 with coil). Nology aftermarket wires are also availible for some BMW's, I don't think splitfire makes any BMW wires.<p>I also found wires at www.allbmwparts.com for $99 for the set.<p>You should be able to do a great deal better than the dealer for almost all parts (any I've checked!.<p>Up with the do-it-yourselfers!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index