Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

AJ
01-27-2000, 11:24 AM
My water pump lasted only for about 1.5 years (~ 24k miles ). What could be the causes for this unexpectedly short life of the pump?? I had also replaced my fan clutch together with the pump last time. My aux fan is also working as normal. 323i E30 84

Howard
01-27-2000, 05:45 PM
What was the failure mode? If the belt is tightened too much, the bearings in the pump will not last as long.<p>Howard<br><i>: My water pump lasted only for about 1.5 years (~ 24k miles ). What could be the causes for this unexpectedly short life of the pump?? I had also replaced my fan clutch together with the pump last time. My aux fan is also working as normal. 323i E30 84<p></i>

Superfly Charlie
01-27-2000, 11:24 PM
<b>Maaaan...you can't be havin' no love for dem bitches 'n hoes..<p>'specially none of them wata' pump hoes... it be soundin' like you got yo-self a defective unit...you might wanna be checkin' wit you dealer for that..<p><br>Yea yea, it was a typo, but then why wouldn't I take it?<p>flame away<p>-Charlie<p></b><p><i>: My water pump lasted only for about 1.5 years (~ 24k miles ). What could be the causes for this unexpectedly short life of the pump?? I had also replaced my fan clutch together with the pump last time. My aux fan is also working as normal. 323i E30 84<p></i>

Tony Shaft Clifton
01-27-2000, 11:41 PM
dammit! i was going to jump on that 'hoes' misspelling with my own pimpin' reply, but you beat me to it. i go upstairs for a doughnut, and look what happens. <p>"who's the guy that people hate when he replies to their po-osts.."<p>"Charlie"<p>"you daaaaaaaaamn right"

Barry
01-28-2000, 01:48 AM
<i>: dammit! i was going to jump on that 'hoes' misspelling with my own pimpin' reply, but you beat me to it. i go upstairs for a doughnut, and look what happens. <p>: "who's the guy that people hate when he replies to their po-osts.."<p>: "Charlie"<p>: "you daaaaaaaaamn right"<p></i>LoL why does Curtis Mayfields' Theme to Superfly come to mind? Anyway, maybe it's a defective, or just plain cheap quality pump. Who's pump is it?

AJ
01-28-2000, 10:56 AM
<i>: : dammit! i was going to jump on that 'hoes' misspelling with my own pimpin' reply, but you beat me to it. i go upstairs for a doughnut, and look what happens. <p>: : "who's the guy that people hate when he replies to their po-osts.."<p>: : "Charlie"<p>: : "you daaaaaaaaamn right"<p>: LoL why does Curtis Mayfields' Theme to Superfly come to mind? Anyway, maybe it's a defective, or just plain cheap quality pump. Who's pump is it? <p></i> Ha ha ha...you got me this time charlie! Anyway thanks for the opinion. I guess the over tightened belt is the most possible cause of my pump failure. On this other parts of your world, getting an assured good OEM parts is not as easy as using correct English as our second language. Aftermarket parts are abundant and they are all from various parts of europe and including from the US. TQVM

Dilberto
02-01-2000, 05:11 AM
<i>: : dammit! i was going to jump on that 'hoes' misspelling with my own pimpin' reply, but you beat me to it. i go upstairs for a doughnut, and look what happens. <p>: : "who's the guy that people hate when he replies to their po-osts.."<p>: : "Charlie"<p>: : "you daaaaaaaaamn right"<p>: LoL why does Curtis Mayfields' Theme to Superfly come to mind? Anyway, maybe it's a defective, or just plain cheap quality pump. Who's pump is it? <p></i>Man, you guys have that right - the Water Pimp<br>has a short life expectancy...BUT his Hoes live on!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index