Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ed
01-28-2000, 04:42 AM
I have an '86 325 2dr with the ugly silver bumpers, is it possible to buy the colored plastic bumpers from an '89-91 325 and install them on my car without any (or much) modifications?

Barry
01-28-2000, 12:42 PM
<i>: I have an '86 325 2dr with the ugly silver bumpers, is it possible to buy the colored plastic bumpers from an '89-91 325 and install them on my car without any (or much) modifications?<p></i>The front is fine but the rear will need some work.

Charlie
01-28-2000, 01:20 PM
<b> not easily, it will also look pretty lousy, as some of the dimensions are different. If you want the look, check out <a href="http://www.bmpd.com>BMP's</a> website, they have a fibreglass kit for the earlier e30's that resembles the later bumpers<p>-Charlie<p></b><p><i>: I have an '86 325 2dr with the ugly silver bumpers, is it possible to buy the colored plastic bumpers from an '89-91 325 and install them on my car without any (or much) modifications?<p></i>

Charlie
01-28-2000, 01:21 PM
<b> not easily, it will also look pretty lousy, as some of the dimensions are different. If you want the look, check out <a href="http://www.bmpd.com">BMP's</a> website, they have a fibreglass kit for the earlier e30's that resembles the later bumpers<p>-Charlie<p></b><p><i>: I have an '86 325 2dr with the ugly silver bumpers, is it possible to buy the colored plastic bumpers from an '89-91 325 and install them on my car without any (or much) modifications?<p></i>

Doug
02-01-2000, 12:04 AM
<I have the same car, 86 325ES with the same ugly bumpers. I replaced the stock bumper shock absorbers with ones I made with 1&1/2" to 2" less length. It moved the bumper in so that just an inch or so shows past the plastic skirts. Then to help the look I color matched to the body and spoilers the rubber on the front of the bumpers and the plastic skirts. It looks great and the brushed aluminum on the bumpers complments the crome around the windows.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index