Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Troy
01-31-2000, 11:45 AM
I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!

Troy
01-31-2000, 06:32 PM
<i>: I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p></i>I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<br>

shawn
01-31-2000, 10:16 PM
<i>: I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p>You must have some of the plastic cord from the old mast in the antenna motor. You do not want to trim it or the antenna mast will not go up all the way. You should remove the motor from the car. Take the cover off. Remove the cord from the old antenna mast. Then you can install the new mast. It should go up and down with out a problem<p></i>

shawn
01-31-2000, 10:19 PM
<i>: I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p></i>You must have some of the plastic cord from the old mast in the antenna motor. You do not want to trim it or the antenna mast will not go up all the way. You should remove the motor from the car. Take the cover off. Remove the cord from the old antenna mast. Then you can install the new mast. It should go up and down with out a problem

shawn
01-31-2000, 10:30 PM
<i>: I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p></i>You must have part of the old antenna cord in the motor. You will NOT want to trim the new cord or the antenna will not go up all the way. You need to remove the antenna assembly from the car. Remove the cover and remove the old cord. Then you should be able to install the new mast with out a problem.

Dilberto
02-02-2000, 03:40 AM
<i>: : I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p>: I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p></i>Try this. Amplify a new tire valve stem, and screw a ball-cap on its end, and you have a "genuine" euro-style mini-antenna!<p>Zach<br>Patent Pending

Troy
02-02-2000, 09:05 AM
<i>: : : I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p>: : I have recently replaced my antenna mast on my '87 325ic and it now does not fully retract when I turn off my stereo. It looks like all I need to do is trim some of the length off of the serrated plastic feeder to solve this problem. Is this correct? I don't want to trim it and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong!<p>: Try this. Amplify a new tire valve stem, and screw a ball-cap on its end, and you have a "genuine" euro-style mini-antenna!<p>: Zach<br>: Patent Pending<p></i>Ha Ha, Yeah Right!!!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index