Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Kinohi
02-01-2000, 02:19 PM
I've come to the conclusion- my car hates the cold. so what could be wrong?<p>So a couple of weeks ago my car had a fuel problem- it wasn't getting it(It would sputter and die). So I took it in and the mechanic said that my car HATES oxygenated fuel (which is mandatory in UTAH in winters- which I also hate) and the air was being blocked by guck and it probably wasn't getting fuel. anyway, point being, he cleaned it, and it ran fine. I thought it was fixed. . .<br> It snowed again this morning and my car wouldn't even pretend to start for me. This time it wouldn't even sputter, it wouldn't turn over, it just choked. I don't know why my car hates the snow, but if you do, I'd really aprreciate some help. That way I don't seem like a complete moron when I go in and hand over the oodles of cash to yet another mechanic (last time it was a $30 bill, so I guess that's not too bad). I have theories, but then again I'm stil learning about my BMW.<p>thanks- sorry so long

Reality Check
02-01-2000, 02:42 PM
<i>: I've come to the conclusion- my car hates the cold. so what could be wrong?<p>: So a couple of weeks ago my car had a fuel problem- it wasn't getting it(It would sputter and die). So I took it in and the mechanic said that my car HATES oxygenated fuel (which is mandatory in UTAH in winters- which I also hate) and the air was being blocked by guck and it probably wasn't getting fuel. anyway, point being, he cleaned it, and it ran fine. I thought it was fixed. . .<br>: It snowed again this morning and my car wouldn't even pretend to start for me. This time it wouldn't even sputter, it wouldn't turn over, it just choked. I don't know why my car hates the snow, but if you do, I'd really aprreciate some help. That way I don't seem like a complete moron when I go in and hand over the oodles of cash to yet another mechanic (last time it was a $30 bill, so I guess that's not too bad). I have theories, but then again I'm stil learning about my BMW.<p>: thanks- sorry so long<p></i>If you're driving a BMW in the middle of Utah while it's snowing and you're crying about a $30.00 repair bill, then maybe you should trade in your car for a '74 Ford F-150

Tony Clifton
02-01-2000, 06:19 PM
i love it when people make harsh comments in a post like this, and then don't even have the balls to sign thier name to it.

Dilberto
02-01-2000, 06:32 PM
<i>: i love it when people make harsh comments in a post like this, and then don't even have the balls to sign thier name to it. <p></i>Yeah...like that super-WUSS Racer-HEX!<p>Zach<p>92 540iSport<br>97 850csi 6.0 E-KAT<br>99 RennSport CLK430 Komp.

Kinohi
02-01-2000, 10:33 PM
<i>I'm not whining about the repair bill, I actually love the fact that it was only 30. I'm thinking I've found the perfect shop. And I love my BMW, why else would I drive it? But it's killing me that it is sitting in my driveway right now. IT's a great car, it picks up nicely and handles just fine. It needs some repairs (instrument cluster) but I know that. THIS SNOW thing is what's killing me, I can't even drive it. and I don't have any idea what's wrong. <br> I just need to get this engine running and the car will be nice again.<p>Kinohi- that is my REAL name<br></i>

Neal
02-02-2000, 12:32 AM
<i>: i love it when people make harsh comments in a post like this, and then don't even have the balls to sign thier name to it. <p></i>Amazing isn't it? freakin' pussies.

Reality Check
02-02-2000, 09:53 AM
<i>: i love it when people make harsh comments in a post like this, and then don't even have the balls to sign thier name to it. <p></i>I'll have my balls back as soon as you spit them out!!! Yeah Baby!!!

Tony Clifton
02-02-2000, 12:59 PM
oh man, you sure got me. again, not the lack of a name. you are a *****. i hope you wrap your car around a tree and rid the world of one more *****.

Reality Check
02-02-2000, 01:58 PM
<i>: oh man, you sure got me. again, not the lack of a name. you are a *****. i hope you wrap your car around a tree and rid the world of one more *****.<p></i>Why do you want to know my name so bad? Are you some kind of a homo or something?

Tony Clifton
02-02-2000, 02:40 PM

Paul in England
02-02-2000, 06:11 PM
<i>: *****.<p></i>pp

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index