Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

87 325
02-01-2000, 10:01 PM
I recently purchased an 87 325 and ever since the beginning it has been telling be that the brake lights are out. I changed all of the bulbs in the rear light-bulb assembly but it still tells me that my brake lights are out. Whats going on?????

Joel
02-02-2000, 12:48 PM
<i>: I recently purchased an 87 325 and ever since the beginning it has been telling be that the brake lights are out. I changed all of the bulbs in the rear light-bulb assembly but it still tells me that my brake lights are out. Whats going on?????<p></i><p>I hate to be a weenie, but ME TOO! What gives?<p>Joel<br>'87 325iS

Dave S.
02-02-2000, 01:16 PM
<i>: I recently purchased an 87 325 and ever since the beginning it has been telling be that the brake lights are out. I changed all of the bulbs in the rear light-bulb assembly but it still tells me that my brake lights are out. Whats going on?????<p></i>Did you guys replace your bulbs with the cheap ones from Pep Boys or the good ones from BMW? There is a difference in resistance and that could be causing the brake light out warning light to go on.

James
02-02-2000, 02:08 PM
Check the brake light switch on near the brake pedal and the brake light relays.

Curt K.
02-03-2000, 06:02 AM
Did you know that BMW did a brake light relay recall??? When they added the third warning light it overloaded the relay. Otherwise you should check the bulb contacts. They get corroded and cause contact trouble. Good luck. If you email me at the above address I'll send you the recall info. <p>Curt K.<p><br><i>: Check the brake light switch on near the brake pedal and the brake light relays. <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index