Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Russ
02-02-2000, 12:29 PM
My brother lives in Germany. He still owes me a Christmas present. He just moved right beside a huge junk yard. Is there a factory BBS 4 lug 15" rim made to fit my car?(87 325iS) If not, what else should I ask for?

Lee
02-02-2000, 02:59 PM
Europeans had the 325 SE. It had the M-Technic spoilers and sideskirt and the 15inch BBS. But ask him to get a set of 16 inch Alpina, Hartge or MK.

Jeff87iS
02-02-2000, 03:19 PM
I just bought a set of the stock BBS cross-spoke rims from a guy in the U.K. and had them fully refurbished in L.A.. They really look great on an E30 and are quite rare in the States. (If you're interested, let me know and I'll e-mail you a photo of them on my car, which happens to be the same year and model as yours.)

Randy Walters
02-02-2000, 08:49 PM
<i>: My brother lives in Germany. He still owes<br>me a Christmas present. He just moved right beside a huge junk yard. Is there a factory BBS 4 lug 15" rim made to fit my car?(87 325iS) If not, what<br>else should I ask for?<p></i> Have him aquire and send you a set of<br>rare-in-the-US M-Technik wheels, which are<br>the 15x7 ET24 Cross-Spokes. They look just<br>like the 14x6.5 325is Cross-Spoke and the<br>15" 325iX Cross-Spoke, so make sure he<br>gets the 15's with the 24mm offset and<br>not the 41mm offset (which came on the<br>AWD 325iX). This would make the best<br>present *ever* :-)<p> Randy<br> 89 325is<br>

Eric
02-02-2000, 09:36 PM
<i><br>: Have him aquire and send you a set of<br>: rare-in-the-US M-Technik wheels, which are<br>: the 15x7 ET24 Cross-Spokes.<p>: This would make the best<br>: present *ever* :-)<br></i><p>These are definitely the holy grail... a friend has these in a semi-horrible red on his race car. He found them completely by accident. When I saw them, I looked and looked for the "e41" offset designation but never found one. Only an "e24" instead.<p>American E30 owners: look for a (US) 1991 325i convertible with the (white) M-Technic body kit. These cars seem to have the 15" wheels about 40% of the time, usually painted white.<p>Eric

Jeff87iS
02-02-2000, 10:10 PM
... I spent more than six months corresponding with used parts companies and junkyards on the mainland and in Canada looking for them -- eventually a set in any condition! -- without success before I found a guy in the U.K. with an extra set. Apparently they came standard on Touring models and were optional (in non-U.S. markets anyway) across the board. Given that I live in Hawaii, shipping represented about 30 percent of the total cost, but it was well worth it. I haven't seen anything that looks as good on an E30 than those 15" cross-spokes.

Russell
02-02-2000, 10:11 PM
Jeff(if this is the one),<p>Hey I called earlier about your fittas. As you know, I was actually more interested in BBSs too. If you don't mind, e-mail me the photo. I'm curious to see how the refurbishing came out and how the 15" looks on the E30. BTW, did you end up selling the fittas?<p><i>: I just bought a set of the stock BBS cross-spoke rims from a guy in the U.K. and had them fully refurbished in L.A.. They really look great on an E30 and are quite rare in the States. (If you're interested, let me know and I'll e-mail you a photo of them on my car, which happens to be the same year and model as yours.) <p></i>

Jeff87iS
02-03-2000, 02:29 AM
Hey, Russell. Yeah, same person you spoke to last weekend (just a few miles down the hill). Haven't sold my Fittipaldis yet. Guy who looked at them called me back saying he was coming by with cash on Sunday and then never showed. Kind of like you, he'd said he was going to talk it over with his wife. Guess I know how that conversation went ...<p>Anyway, put a quick page together with a few photos (link below). Take a look when you have a chance and give me a call or e-mail me if you'd like to check out the Fittis and tires. If you're interested, I've got a pic I can send you (god knows, it's a hell of a drive if you want to see them in the flesh!). :-)<p>Take care and feel free to flag me down if you ever see me on the road in our neck of the woods.<p>P.S. I've never posted an image to a message board before, so I'm hoping this works ...

Tony Clifton
02-03-2000, 05:15 PM
you all do realize that you can order any Euro spec part from your dealer...including the 15" ET24 alloys<p>

Jeff87iS
02-03-2000, 07:00 PM
... but with all due respect, I think Russ is trying to avoid paying retail (in the neighborhood of $460/wheel sans caps from BavAuto). I would imagine they'd be at least that much (and probably more) from a dealer. Even with shipping, I'd think his brother could set him up for far less than half that if he could find a set at a European recycling yard.

Phil
02-03-2000, 11:34 PM
<i>: I bought a set of these and had them refinished. These wheels are gorgeous. YOU WANT THESE. E-mail me if you want pics<br></i>

Tony Clifton
02-04-2000, 10:51 AM
yea yea, i know. it just seems like a lot of people put this unnecessary aura around "euro" parts, like they think they cant get them over here. thats all i was saying. if you can save a few bucks and have someone hook you up with a decent set, go for it.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index