Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

zachlynch
02-05-2000, 05:27 AM
Saw a E30 4 door with large rear spoiler and m badge on the front grille. also the engine was the 6 cylinder with m power black valve covergasket?? i thought the E 30 M3 was the 4 cylinder only??

Tony Clifton
02-05-2000, 09:42 AM
YES: there was a 325i Sport, not in the U.S. market though. it was powered by the 2.5 I-6.<p>NO: that wasnt a real M car. Unfortunately, any yokel can buy an M badge and put it wherever they please.

Randy Walters
02-05-2000, 10:00 AM
<i>: Saw a E30 4 door with large rear spoiler and m badge on the front grille. also the engine was the 6 cylinder with m power black valve covergasket?? i thought the E 30 M3 was the 4 cylinder only??<p></i> In the U.S. at least, the '91 325i was<br>available with the "Sport Package", even on<br>the 4-door car. However, the car you saw<br>was obviously a home-brew model. Sounds like<br>the guy installed either an M3 wing or some<br>aftermarket knock-off. And the M badge was<br>definitely installed by the owner, as was<br>the M-Power valve cover.<p> A very distasteful E30 IMHO . . . .<p> Randy<br> E30 Purist :-)

Steve
02-07-2000, 09:21 AM
<i>: YES: there was a 325i Sport, not in the U.S. market though. it was powered by the 2.5 I-6.</i><p>It was available in the US market under the designation 325iS. Beginning in '87 you could get the 325iS which was only available in 2-door trim. It featured a sport suspension, seating, power options, etc. Later, in '91 the "sport package" was made optional on 4-door models so the 'iS' badging was dropped. But <b>yes</b> it was available.<p>Steve<br>'87 325iS<br><i><p>: NO: that wasnt a real M car. Unfortunately, any yokel can buy an M badge and put it wherever they please. <p></i>

Tony friggin' Clifton
02-07-2000, 06:02 PM
hey goofball: i don't need you to tell me what the U.S. 325is came with - i can go out to my garage and see for myself.<p>yes the 325is was available in the U.S. It was also badged a 325is, and not a 325i like in Europe. the "325i Sport" he was probably referring to was the European 325i that came with the M Technic body kit, 15" wheels, etc. The European 325i Sport wasn't badged as. a '325is'like the U.S. cars were. And even if you did get the sport package on a '91 325i, they weren't really reffered to as a "325i Sport" as they were in Yurrup. Soooo...YES there was a 325i Sport, and NO it wasn't available in the U.S. i gotta be me.

Kyle_5r
02-07-2000, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I saw that thing too, funny stuff. The guy spray painted the intake black and took a hack sawed down to size M-Power cover and glued it to the engine. It had a make shift //m steering wheel and a full set of faux //m badges. If you still have the link to the pictures of that car post it - it is great for a laugh! -Kyle

Steve
02-08-2000, 12:45 AM
<font color=gray><i>: hey goofball: i don't need you to tell me what the U.S. 325is came with - i can go out to my garage and see for myself.</i></font color=gray><p>Incorporating immature name-calling tactics isn't necessary. <i><font color=gray><p>: yes the 325is was available in the U.S. It was also badged a 325is, and not a 325i like in Europe. the "325i Sport" he was </i></font color=gray><font color=red>probably</font color=red><font color=gray><i> referring to was the European 325i that came with the M Technic body kit, 15" wheels, etc. The European 325i Sport wasn't badged as. a '325is'like the U.S. cars were. And even if you did get the sport package on a '91 325i, they weren't really reffered to as a "325i Sport" as they were in Yurrup. Soooo...YES there was a 325i Sport, and NO it wasn't available in the U.S. <p></font color=gray></i>This defensive argument which you're supporting is merely based on an assumption and isn't necessary in the first place. If I sounded offensive in my previous posts on this thread, I appologize. However, I don't think I did and this hostile tone you've taken is not warranted. At the same time, my opinion is biased. In conclusion, my email address is provided with all my posts - let's keep it off the board.<p><font color=gray><i>i gotta be me.</i></font color=gray><br>And I gotta be me. And that doesn't mean we can't share information in a positive manner.<p>Steve<font color=gray><i><p></i>

Tony friggin' Clifton
02-08-2000, 02:19 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah <br>namecalling blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah assumption blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah hostile blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Tony Loser Clifton
02-09-2000, 11:18 PM
Take it somewhere else, Tony. We're only talking about cars here, not politics.<p><i>: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah <br>: namecalling blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah assumption blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah hostile blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah <p></i>

the real Tony Clifton
02-11-2000, 07:02 PM
waaaaaaaa...find your own name to sign posts with, you putz.

The Fake Tony Clifton
02-15-2000, 11:36 PM
<i>: waaaaaaaa...find your own name to sign posts with, you putz.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index