Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

kevin
02-06-2000, 02:16 AM
I have a modified 325is. <br>Engine modification consist of:<br>JC chip<br>K&N filter<br>Big Bore Throttle body<br>8mm spark plug wires<br>Schrick cam<p>And recently installed a supercharger, should I set it at 32 as previously set or increase the gap with a supercharger. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Lee
02-06-2000, 10:15 AM
For the spark to jump the gap, it takes more energy. I would alter the gap only if you have changed your coil for a stronger one or with a Jacob.<p>Higher compression also alters the way the spark travels between electrodes. You should ask the manufacturer of your supercharger kit what the best is.<p>I would be absolutly delighted to have your commenys on that supercharger. Difficuylty of installation, power and day to day driving.<p>Lee

Steve
02-06-2000, 01:49 PM
<i>: For the spark to jump the gap, it takes more energy. I would alter the gap only if you have changed your coil for a stronger one or with a Jacob.<p>: Higher compression also alters the way the spark travels between electrodes. You should ask the manufacturer of your supercharger kit what the best is.<p>: I would be absolutly delighted to have your commenys on that supercharger. Difficuylty of installation, power and day to day driving.<p>: Lee<p></i>I'd love to hear what you did. The only one I know of for our cars is from ESS Tuning. <p>Steve<br>'87 325iS

kevin
02-06-2000, 04:39 PM
<i>: : For the spark to jump the gap, it takes more energy. I would alter the gap only if you have changed your coil for a stronger one or with a Jacob.<p>: : Higher compression also alters the way the spark travels between electrodes. You should ask the manufacturer of your supercharger kit what the best is.<p>: : I would be absolutly delighted to have your commenys on that supercharger. Difficuylty of installation, power and day to day driving.<p>: : Lee<p>: I'd love to hear what you did. The only one I know of for our cars is from ESS Tuning. <p>: Steve<br>: '87 325iS<p>I recently bought and installed a used supercharger. It's a Vortec supercharger. It's on the car for about 4 days now, and I have to say that it's the best bang for the money. I think roughly it has about 280+ hp with all the modification I did. On a daily to daily driving is superb, the car has too much power, but can't stop quickly. I need to upgrades the brakes. The boost is at 6psi. It's used, but does the job. I installed it myself. The only cons about it, is that it makes a humming sound at idle. But, worth it. My advise - if you can get a hand on one of this supercharger. Buy it.

Lee
02-06-2000, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Can you tell us what Trim is the supercharger. Is this an S trim? What about the pulleys and brackets.<p>Very excited Lee

kevin
02-06-2000, 08:54 PM
I believe it's a "S" Trim and gear driven.

Steve
02-07-2000, 09:09 AM
<i>: I believe it's a "S" Trim and gear driven.<p></i>Where are you getting the estimated 280+ hp rating from? <p>Steve

kevin
02-08-2000, 12:32 AM
<i>: : I believe it's a "S" Trim and gear driven.<p>: Where are you getting the estimated 280+ hp rating from? <p>: Steve<p>With all my engine modification plus the supercharger - I took a roughly estimate that the car has about 280+ hp. I could be wrong!! In any event, the car has not been dyno tested. This is just an estimate. It's sure feel like 280+ hp. I found out that the guy I bought it from bought it from ESS Tuning.<p>kevin

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index