Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jim Ladd
02-06-2000, 02:17 AM
<font color=lightslateblue><b>HELP! I am trying to remove the panel trim on the a-pillar. I had read that they were held on place by clips, simply remove with a putty knife so as not to damage. Well there was a tearing sound when i atte mpted this, and it sounded like it was <i>glued in place</i>Can one of my brethren 84 318i owners explain how to remove this w/o damaging it? I need to run the wires for my radar detector (allright, allright, so it's one of those 'KnightRider" type flashing lights for my alarm, but it's blue, kinda matches the Cosmoblau, and the light pattern is adjustable!) and make it look good! <br>TIA<br>Jim Ladd</b></font><br><i>dirty e30</i>

fellow 318 owner
02-07-2000, 11:44 AM
<i>: <font color=lightslateblue><b>HELP! I am trying to remove the panel trim on the a-pillar. I had read that they were held on place by clips, simply remove with a putty knife so as not to damage. Well there was a tearing sound when i atte mpted this, and it sounded like it was glued in placeCan one of my brethren 84 318i owners explain how to remove this w/o damaging it? I need to run the wires for my radar detector (allright, allright, so it's one of those 'KnightRider" type flashing lights for my alarm, but it's blue, kinda matches the Cosmoblau, and the light pattern is adjustable!) and make it look good! <br>: TIA<br>: Jim Ladd</b></font><br>: dirty e30<p></i><br>Jim,<br> I was able to run my wires in the crease between the piller and rubber on the window and push it in with the end of a screwdriver with a piece of cloth so as not to tear the wire. Thats how I ran my detector. I dont know about your knight rider deal...<br>Jim

Jim Ladd
02-07-2000, 05:58 PM
<font color=lightslateblue><b>Thanks Jim, Thats what I essentially did, although I used a plastic paint scraper. How did you get it under the dash? I pulled it under the trim where it meets the dash and then routed it down through the side, pushing the wiring in behind the weatherstriping for the door.<p>Jim Ladd</b></font><br>dirty e30<p>: <br>: Jim,<br>: I was able to run my wires in the crease between the piller and rubber on the window and push it in with the end of a screwdriver with a piece of cloth so as not to tear the wire. Thats how I ran my detector. I dont know about your knight rider deal...<br>: Jim<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index