Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

zach lynch
02-06-2000, 07:05 AM
does anyone know how to differentiate the 2.0 litre and 2.5 litre inline six's. i just purchased a 86 Euro 325i(Ireland) with what i was told was a transplanted 2.0 litre, however the engine has an oil cooler which is supposed to indicate that it is a 2.5. Could this have been the lower end from a 2.5 with the 2.0 top end swap? are there any other distinguishing features? <p>

Barry
02-06-2000, 03:14 PM
<i>: does anyone know how to differentiate the 2.0 litre and 2.5 litre inline six's. i just purchased a 86 Euro 325i(Ireland) with what i was told was a transplanted 2.0 litre, however the engine has an oil cooler which is supposed to indicate that it is a 2.5. Could this have been the lower end from a 2.5 with the 2.0 top end swap? are there any other distinguishing features? <p></i>Since we don't have the 2.0 M20 in the states I can't say for sure what difference in appearance would be. The 2.5's oil cooler can be retrofited to any M20 block that's not a reliable indication of the engine size. I'd say scribble down the ID number on the block and verify what block it is with a BMW dealer. That's the only sure way to tell.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index