Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alex
01-20-1999, 03:24 PM
Just dropped off the car this morning at a local dealer to have those items installed. They even gave me a courtesy shuttle ride afterwards!!! Very nice. I was quoted $200 labor for both of these (armrest & alarm) items. Just a word of advice to all. When it comes to labor quotes from a BMW dealer, call around and check as many dealers as possible. I was quoted 3 different prices for armrest labor ranging from $87 dollars to $160. I don't know how one dealer can do it one hour and another in 2 hours. I am glad I checked around and found a lower quote. As far as the alarm, I felt better letting them install it and program it all together. Saves me a trip.<p>Another thing I need to mention. I bought a whole bunch of accessories like a chrome grill, chrome exhaust tips, front bumper rubber piece, and armrest from The BMW Store. The total including shipping came to $305. My buddy who is also getting the identical items for his upcoming 323i sport, got the exact same parts at Quality Parts (website is www. qualityparts.com) for only $245 which included express shipping (mine was standard ground shipping). I would get all my accessories from Quality Parts. They seem to have really cheap prices on all OEM BMW parts. I should have done the same, but I made a mistake and paid $60 too much for the exact same original parts.<p>Hoping to get my car back later today with the new armrest and alarm. I hope they do not screw up the interior with the installation of the armrest. I am hoping it is done clean.<p>Sincerely,<p>Alex

Arnold
01-20-1999, 03:27 PM
<i>: Just dropped off the car this morning at a local dealer to have those items installed. They even gave me a courtesy shuttle ride afterwards!!! Very nice. I was quoted $200 labor for both of these (armrest & alarm) items. Just a word of advice to all. When it comes to labor quotes from a BMW dealer, call around and check as many dealers as possible. I was quoted 3 different prices for armrest labor ranging from $87 dollars to $160. I don't know how one dealer can do it one hour and another in 2 hours. I am glad I checked around and found a lower quote. As far as the alarm, I felt better letting them install it and program it all together. Saves me a trip.<p>: Another thing I need to mention. I bought a whole bunch of accessories like a chrome grill, chrome exhaust tips, front bumper rubber piece, and armrest from The BMW Store. The total including shipping came to $305. My buddy who is also getting the identical items for his upcoming 323i sport, got the exact same parts at Quality Parts (website is www. qualityparts.com) for only $245 which included express shipping (mine was standard ground shipping). I would get all my accessories from Quality Parts. They seem to have really cheap prices on all OEM BMW parts. I should have done the same, but I made a mistake and paid $60 too much for the exact same original parts.<p>: Hoping to get my car back later today with the new armrest and alarm. I hope they do not screw up the interior with the installation of the armrest. I am hoping it is done clean.<p>: Sincerely,<p>: Alex<p></i>

Alex
01-20-1999, 03:28 PM
no message

SLK
01-20-1999, 03:30 PM
How much was the alarm for your E46?<p><i>: Just dropped off the car this morning at a local dealer to have those items installed. They even gave me a courtesy shuttle ride afterwards!!! Very nice. I was quoted $200 labor for both of these (armrest & alarm) items. Just a word of advice to all. When it comes to labor quotes from a BMW dealer, call around and check as many dealers as possible. I was quoted 3 different prices for armrest labor ranging from $87 dollars to $160. I don't know how one dealer can do it one hour and another in 2 hours. I am glad I checked around and found a lower quote. As far as the alarm, I felt better letting them install it and program it all together. Saves me a trip.<p>: Another thing I need to mention. I bought a whole bunch of accessories like a chrome grill, chrome exhaust tips, front bumper rubber piece, and armrest from The BMW Store. The total including shipping came to $305. My buddy who is also getting the identical items for his upcoming 323i sport, got the exact same parts at Quality Parts (website is www. qualityparts.com) for only $245 which included express shipping (mine was standard ground shipping). I would get all my accessories from Quality Parts. They seem to have really cheap prices on all OEM BMW parts. I should have done the same, but I made a mistake and paid $60 too much for the exact same original parts.<p>: Hoping to get my car back later today with the new armrest and alarm. I hope they do not screw up the interior with the installation of the armrest. I am hoping it is done clean.<p>: Sincerely,<p>: Alex<p></i>

Alex
01-20-1999, 03:34 PM
dealer who wanted $330. Big savings buying from the these guys. The BMW Store had it for $240. The only drawback with Quality is that most of the time they do not stock the items and have to order it which takes a bit longer than BMW Store. They usually have pretty much everything in stock.<p>Alex

SLK
01-20-1999, 03:52 PM
Thanks, a pretty good deal. Hendrick BMW 800 476.8322 sells the E46 alarm for $220.00 and seems to always have items in stock. Thanks for the info<p><i>: dealer who wanted $330. Big savings buying from the these guys. The BMW Store had it for $240. The only drawback with Quality is that most of the time they do not stock the items and have to order it which takes a bit longer than BMW Store. They usually have pretty much everything in stock.<p>: Alex<p></i>

Trevor
01-20-1999, 04:37 PM
Got the armrest(vinyl), upper console, lower console, and miscellaneous hardwares for $134.15 total.

Ran
01-20-1999, 04:41 PM
<i>: Got the armrest(vinyl), upper console, lower console, and miscellaneous hardwares for $134.15 total.<p></i>

Alex
01-20-1999, 05:45 PM
..from the dealer. They did a great job. Such nice people in service. The only thing they could have done more was to have the gorgeous cashier get on her knees and give me a .......<br>I think I will give them the business from now on. Nice looking cashier too !!! My own dealer is a bit far from me. These guys have shuttle drop offs, shuttle pick-ups, free muffins, fresh coffee, what else could you want !!! Well, except for the cashier named Monica .........<p>:-)<p>The armrest feels so good to have guys. For those of you owning a base 323i or a sport 323i, this is a must-have item. After not having it for 10 days, I know now that this is something absolutely necessary on this car. BTW, the alarm was installed and programmed (to my surprise!). They had initially told me that there would be a charge for activating and programming the alarm, but to my suprise, it is fully functional and works great. No charge. The little tiny chirp noise of the alarm is not as bad as I thought. I hate the alarm loud chirps or the horn ones. This one is not so bad and it works with the key of your own car. <p>Damn, life is good again today!!! The already great car just improved again with these 2 additions. Now, one last project left, and that is painting the black piece over the rear license plate same as the body along with the front hood jet washer region. Another $100 and this puppy is finally done !!!<p>:-)<p>Alex

Mr.B
01-20-1999, 09:12 PM
<i>: ..from the dealer. They did a great job. Such nice people in service. The only thing they could have done more was to have the gorgeous cashier get on her knees and give me a .......<br>: I think I will give them the business from now on. Nice looking cashier too !!! My own dealer is a bit far from me. These guys have shuttle drop offs, shuttle pick-ups, free muffins, fresh coffee, what else could you want !!! Well, except for the cashier named Monica .........<p>: :-)<p>: The armrest feels so good to have guys. For those of you owning a base 323i or a sport 323i, this is a must-have item. After not having it for 10 days, I know now that this is something absolutely necessary on this car. BTW, the alarm was installed and programmed (to my surprise!). They had initially told me that there would be a charge for activating and programming the alarm, but to my suprise, it is fully functional and works great. No charge. The little tiny chirp noise of the alarm is not as bad as I thought. I hate the alarm loud chirps or the horn ones. This one is not so bad and it works with the key of your own car. <p>: Damn, life is good again today!!! The already great car just improved again with these 2 additions. Now, one last project left, and that is painting the black piece over the rear license plate same as the body along with the front hood jet washer region. Another $100 and this puppy is finally done !!!<p>: :-)<p>: Alex<p></i><p>Do you act look an idiot on purpose? Oh well, <br>I guess you just have a weird sense of humor. <p>Maybe Monica at Crevier BMW will find it funny too, I just forwarded this message to them. Now that's funny!

Andrew
01-20-1999, 09:33 PM
Why do you insist on being such an a**hole all the time? The only time you post anything is when your negative to others. Try being respectful and nice and you may actually get that attention your looking for. How is Alex's comments about a beautiful girl being an idiot?<p>Kind reqards.......Andrew<br>

Barry
01-20-1999, 11:35 PM
..<p><p><i>: ..from the dealer. They did a great job. Such nice people in service. The only thing they could have done more was to have the gorgeous cashier get on her knees and give me a .......<br>: I think I will give them the business from now on. Nice looking cashier too !!! My own dealer is a bit far from me. These guys have shuttle drop offs, shuttle pick-ups, free muffins, fresh coffee, what else could you want !!! Well, except for the cashier named Monica .........<p>: :-)<p>: The armrest feels so good to have guys. For those of you owning a base 323i or a sport 323i, this is a must-have item. After not having it for 10 days, I know now that this is something absolutely necessary on this car. BTW, the alarm was installed and programmed (to my surprise!). They had initially told me that there would be a charge for activating and programming the alarm, but to my suprise, it is fully functional and works great. No charge. The little tiny chirp noise of the alarm is not as bad as I thought. I hate the alarm loud chirps or the horn ones. This one is not so bad and it works with the key of your own car. <p>: Damn, life is good again today!!! The already great car just improved again with these 2 additions. Now, one last project left, and that is painting the black piece over the rear license plate same as the body along with the front hood jet washer region. Another $100 and this puppy is finally done !!!<p>: :-)<p>: Alex<p></i>

Barry
01-20-1999, 11:38 PM
I guess his suggestion that the cashier give him a blow*** is respectful. It would appear you dont know the first thing about respect. You should be ashamed.<p><p><i>: Why do you insist on being such an a**hole all the time? The only time you post anything is when your negative to others. Try being respectful and nice and you may actually get that attention your looking for. How is Alex's comments about a beautiful girl being an idiot?<p>: Kind reqards.......Andrew<p></i>

Barry
01-20-1999, 11:48 PM
I guess his suggestion that the cashier do a "Monica" on him is respectful....it would appear you don't know the meaning of the word. You should be ashamed of yourself. Both of you are idiots in my opinion.<p><p><i>: Why do you insist on being such an a**hole all the time? The only time you post anything is when your negative to others. Try being respectful and nice and you may actually get that attention your looking for. How is Alex's comments about a beautiful girl being an idiot?<p>: Kind reqards.......Andrew<p></i>

Alex
01-21-1999, 12:47 AM
Why the moral speech? Do you Barry think I really meant the "Monica" thing? Come on now, I am just having a little fun. You guys take things just a little too serious. Lighten up man! :-D<p>Alex

Alex
01-21-1999, 12:50 AM
Get a life and post something of your own instead of bagging on mine Mr. Butthole. Let's see you write something on your own once with the name Mr.B so you get some credibility on this board. So far, all you have done is to critique my messages and put others down. Get a life and leave others' alone. I have had enough of your BS.<p>Alex

Brett Weir
01-21-1999, 08:05 AM

I assume???
01-21-1999, 11:17 AM
Brett=Mr.B??? Could it be?

Andrew
01-21-1999, 06:13 PM
Please email me and I will give you my phone number so we can have this discussion about why I am a so called "idiot". Why do you call me an idiot? Why do you take these boards so serious? Relax......and enjoy your bimmer.<p>Kind regards.........Andrew<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index