Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Eric
01-20-1999, 06:03 PM
I thought that once the car is locked from the remote, that only the remote or a key will unlock the car; however, my car will still unlock from the center console after being locked with the remote. Is this normal? How is the central locking system supposed to work?

YS
01-20-1999, 07:07 PM
<i>: I thought that once the car is locked from the remote, that only the remote or a key will unlock the car; however, my car will still unlock from the center console after being locked with the remote. Is this normal? How is the central locking system supposed to work?<p></i><p>It works this way for every car with central locking system I've seen.

Jon
01-20-1999, 07:24 PM
I haven't tried it because I was warned :-)...<br>How about it? Is it okay to lock your car while you're inside via remote button on your key?<p>Doesn't BMW warn you against doing something like<br>that?<p><i>: : I thought that once the car is locked from the remote, that only the remote or a key will unlock the car; however, my car will still unlock from the center console after being locked with the remote. Is this normal? How is the central locking system supposed to work?<p><br>: It works this way for every car with central locking system I've seen. <p></i>

artie
01-21-1999, 08:00 AM
If you were driving and stopped then engine, stayed in the seat without opening the driver's door, the remote will lock the doors - but you will be able to unlock them using the central unlocker or the door handle. Its works like the power windows which remain powered until the driver's door is opened. <br>After you opened the drivers door, locking with the remote will completely lock and arm the alarm.

jimg
01-24-1999, 10:37 AM
<p>I need the key remote to unlock if inside. Console unlock makes a noise, but the doors stay locked. I don't get this feature, seems dangerous.<br>

Jeff B.
01-24-1999, 01:22 PM
Try pulling hte handle after hitting the central unlock button. Even though the door does not look unlocked, the door will open on my 328. go figure.<p><i><br>: I need the key remote to unlock if inside. Console unlock makes a noise, but the doors stay locked. I don't get this feature, seems dangerous.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index