Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Pete
01-20-1999, 09:49 PM
Hi all...<p>Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>Just wondering...<p>Pete<p>

arnolds
01-21-1999, 12:09 AM
Pete, <p> I am definitely considering some Breyton's for my 323. Saw them at online at Tire-Rack but I want to see them in person before I decide to get them. Softlines's look pretty sweet on 17's....<p>Arnold<br>

Pete
01-21-1999, 12:16 AM
I had a friend that own E36 328i with 17" Softline. It was really pretty. <p>Although, he also had the car lowered and added some ground effects. Those might make it even more staggering.<p>Not sure with E46 but you can try to view it on the wheel rack (tirerack)<p>Pete<p><br><i>: Pete, <p>: I am definitely considering some Breyton's for my 323. Saw them at online at Tire-Rack but I want to see them in person before I decide to get them. Softlines's look pretty sweet on 17's....<p>: Arnold<p></i>

Randy Sparre
01-21-1999, 09:27 AM
<i>: Hi all...<p>: Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: Just wondering...<p>: Pete<p></i>I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>(on lay-away) for it. 19" x 10" and 19" x 9 with<br>265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000

Randy Sparre
01-21-1999, 09:29 AM
<i>: Hi all...<p>: Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: Just wondering...<p>: Pete<p></i>I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>(on lay-away) for it. 19" x 9 with 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000

crazy canuck
01-21-1999, 10:29 AM
<i>: : Hi all...<p>: : Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: : I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: : AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: : Just wondering...<p>: : Pete<p>: I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>: (on lay-away) for it. 19" x 10" and 19" x 9 with<br>: 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000<p></i>I had an E36 coupe with AC schnitzer 17" and AC body kit, etc. It was phenomenal. I just sold it in anticipation of the E46. I am debating between the coupe poss sedan, and the boxter and slk. if I do go with the e46 (I've grown attached to bmw)I was thinking about going with the Hartge 19" that is shown on their website (hartge.de) I've been caution against it though, because I've heard the real wheel doesn't look like what they have on tjeir website. anyone have more info about the e46 coupe ?<p>P.s. Randy -- Hows it goin eh--from a fellow canadian!

FS
01-21-1999, 11:03 AM
<i>: : Hi all...<p>: : Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: : I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: : AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: : Just wondering...<p>: : Pete<p>: I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>: (on lay-away) for it. 19" x 9 with 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000<p></i>

FS
01-21-1999, 11:11 AM
<i>: I had a friend that own E36 328i with 17" Softline. It was really pretty. <p>: Although, he also had the car lowered and added some ground effects. Those might make it even more staggering.<p>: Not sure with E46 but you can try to view it on the wheel rack (tirerack)<p>: Pete<p>: <br>: : Pete, <p>: : I am definitely considering some Breyton's for my 323. Saw them at online at Tire-Rack but I want to see them in person before I decide to get them. Softlines's look pretty sweet on 17's....<p>: : Arnold<p></i>

Marc W
01-21-1999, 11:21 AM
<br>How do you know that these will fit on the car ?? I don't have any info for the coupe but according to the sedans manual 19" x 9 with 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 would def. not fit.<p>Marc<p><i>: : Hi all...<p>: : Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: : I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: : AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: : Just wondering...<p>: : Pete<p>: I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>: (on lay-away) for it. 19" x 9 with 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000<p></i>

Randy Sparre
01-22-1999, 12:03 AM
<i>: : : Hi all...<p>: : : Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: : : I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: : : AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: : : Just wondering...<p>: : : Pete<p>: : I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>: : (on lay-away) for it. 19" x 9 with 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000<p></i>BMW says a lot of things... Just check out breyton's web page and you'll see 1)a pic of an E46 with 19" Magics and 19" Inspirations. According to the table on fitments, the wheels are specifically made (offset) for the E46. Apparently the coupe has slightly wider fenders than the sedan, and last resort is visiting a good body shop. I was in Germany 2 months ago and I picked up 13 tuner magazines and there's tons of E46's in them with 19's. It seems to be the new "fad" in Europe.

Randy Sparre
01-22-1999, 06:48 PM
<i>: : : Hi all...<p>: : : Just wondering if anybody ever considers buying Breyton wheels or heck even AC Schnitzer instead of original 17" wheels ?<p>: : : I think Breyton costs about $290 each for 17", so this should be comparable to the 328i sport 17". IMHO, Breyton softline is awesome. Also, the quality of those "tuner" wheels should be excellent. <p>: : : AC Schnitzer would be a bit more expensive, though.<p>: : : Just wondering...<p>: : : Pete<p>: : I'm expecting delivery of a 323ci coupe in Sept and I purchased a set of Breyton Inspirations<br>: : (on lay-away) for it. 19" x 10" and 19" x 9 with<br>: : 265 30/ZR 19 and 245 35/ZR 19 Dunlop Sp 9000<p>: I had an E36 coupe with AC schnitzer 17" and AC body kit, etc. It was phenomenal. I just sold it in anticipation of the E46. I am debating between the coupe poss sedan, and the boxter and slk. if I do go with the e46 (I've grown attached to bmw)I was thinking about going with the Hartge 19" that is shown on their website (hartge.de) I've been caution against it though, because I've heard the real wheel doesn't look like what they have on tjeir website. anyone have more info about the e46 coupe ?<p>: P.s. Randy -- Hows it goin eh--from a fellow canadian!<p></i>Two months ago, I went to Germany on business. I had a chance to visit the Hartge factory primarily to check out their new 19" wheels that I've been hearing about back here in T.O. Since I was planning on buying an E46, I wanted to have wheels that no one else had, and those Hartge's looked pretty sweet on their web site. When I got there, I had to double take, 'cause they sure didn't look too hot. I don't know what they did on the web page to make it look so good, but trust me... I wasn't impressed at all. If I know Hartge, I can just imagine what Renato (BSM in Montreal) will charge for these puppies!! I would rather pay $5300.00 (tax in) for my 19" Inspiration wheel/tire package from Colin at WHEELS DIRECT (416)754-0997.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index