Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mario
01-21-1999, 07:28 PM
I asked the BMW dealer about the light vibration sometimes felt on the steering wheel of my 323 sport. He indicated that BMW knew about it and they plan on providing a dampener.<p>Have ya'll heard of this????

arnold
01-21-1999, 07:33 PM
<i>: I asked the BMW dealer about the light vibration sometimes felt on the steering wheel of my 323 sport. He indicated that BMW knew about it and they plan on providing a dampener.<p>: Have ya'll heard of this????<p></i>

Andi
01-21-1999, 10:16 PM
If it's at high speed and the road is smooth, it's a tire imbalance or an out of round tire. <p><i>: I asked the BMW dealer about the light vibration sometimes felt on the steering wheel of my 323 sport. He indicated that BMW knew about it and they plan on providing a dampener.<p>: Have ya'll heard of this????<p></i>

Steve
01-22-1999, 09:49 AM
<i>: I asked the BMW dealer about the light vibration sometimes felt on the steering wheel of my 323 sport. He indicated that BMW knew about it and they plan on providing a dampener.<p>: Have ya'll heard of this????<p></i>

Steve
01-22-1999, 10:00 AM
I should have added to the above post, when accelerating hard my Yokohama Guardex 600's send some small vibrations through the steering wheel (and my butt/seat interface) but I've heard that's normal for snows. I should say it's not like a out-of-balance wheel it's just the sound/feel of the snow tread when accelerating hard. When cruising at (any) constant speed there are just like any other tire.<p>Steve<br>98 e36<p><br><i>: : I asked the BMW dealer about the light vibration sometimes felt on the steering wheel of my 323 sport. He indicated that BMW knew about it and they plan on providing a dampener.<p>: : Have ya'll heard of this????<p></i>

Andrew
01-22-1999, 11:29 AM
So the dealer did not do anything about this? Are you going to wait for BMW to do something?<br>I also have the same problem.<p>

Mario
01-22-1999, 02:06 PM
<i>It happens at different speeds. Also I don't have snow tires, I live in New Orleans (I've never seen snow!!!).<p>They say that it is not out of balance either. The service manager drives a 323 also and he said he has the same problem and BMW told him that they are working on a solution. Some of you might not notice it because its really light. <p>I'll send an e-mail to BMW to see what they say...<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index