Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris
01-22-1999, 10:12 AM
I am considering changing the manual shifter knob in my 323i w/sport to an aluminum knob). Does anyone know how hard this is to do?

vic
01-22-1999, 10:21 AM
<i>: Just turn it counter clockwise, it's screwed on pretty well and it should come off<br></i>

Christopher
01-22-1999, 10:29 AM
Hey, I just installed a Titanium Cavallino shift knob lasat night, and it was quite simple.<br>The instructions they gave me: Place both hands around knob and pull straight up, this takes good pressure and will not hurt anything. Your new know will go right on. The titaniun knobs are made to snap right back like the oem knob, however some other aftermarkets require you to use set screws which tend to come loose in the long run. best of luck.<p><i>: I am considering changing the manual shifter knob in my 323i w/sport to an aluminum knob). Does anyone know how hard this is to do?<p></i>

christopher
01-22-1999, 10:33 AM
<p>This guy is nuts, there is no unscrewing involved whatsoever!! So long as you are talking about any recently built BMW, It just pulls straight off!!<p><br><i>: : Just turn it counter clockwise, it's screwed on pretty well and it should come off<p></i>

Chris
01-22-1999, 04:01 PM
<i>: Hey, I just installed a Titanium Cavallino shift knob lasat night, and it was quite simple.<br>: The instructions they gave me: Place both hands around knob and pull straight up, this takes good pressure and will not hurt anything. Your new know will go right on. The titaniun knobs are made to snap right back like the oem knob, however some other aftermarkets require you to use set screws which tend to come loose in the long run. best of luck.<p>: : I am considering changing the manual shifter knob in my 323i w/sport to an aluminum knob). Does anyone know how hard this is to do?<p></i>Thanks for the advice. Where did you order your Titanium Cavallino knob and how much was it?

Christopher
01-25-1999, 05:55 PM
I bought it directly from them, their website is at http://www.titaniumcavallino.com/ they have many pictures and good info about their products...<br>I paid about 145.00 for the knob, and it is definatly worth it, feels smooth and great!<p><i>: : Hey, I just installed a Titanium Cavallino shift knob lasat night, and it was quite simple.<br>: : The instructions they gave me: Place both hands around knob and pull straight up, this takes good pressure and will not hurt anything. Your new know will go right on. The titaniun knobs are made to snap right back like the oem knob, however some other aftermarkets require you to use set screws which tend to come loose in the long run. best of luck.<p>: : : I am considering changing the manual shifter knob in my 323i w/sport to an aluminum knob). Does anyone know how hard this is to do?<p>: Thanks for the advice. Where did you order your Titanium Cavallino knob and how much was it?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index