Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chuck
01-23-1999, 01:54 AM
the wheel/tire size chart in the E46 owners manual?

Mr. B
01-23-1999, 02:05 AM
W is a subset of Z speed rated tires. Z rated means good for over 149mph. Just how much is anyone's guess. W means its good for 168mph. Y another subset of Z, and is good for some other astronomical speed that BMWs in U.S. cannot attain due to their electronic limiters. V rated tires are good up to 149 mph.<p>The 91 you refer to is the service or load rating on the tire i.e. 225/50 ZR16 91W. Unless you plan on loading up the tire w/ a lot of weight, this is usually not a concern for passenger car tires.<p><br><i>: the wheel/tire size chart in the E46 owners manual?<p></i>

Chuck
01-23-1999, 10:46 AM
<i>: W is a subset of Z speed rated tires. Z rated means good for over 149mph. Just how much is anyone's guess. W means its good for 168mph. Y another subset of Z, and is good for some other astronomical speed that BMWs in U.S. cannot attain due to their electronic limiters. V rated tires are good up to 149 mph.<p>: The 91 you refer to is the service or load rating on the tire i.e. 225/50 ZR16 91W. Unless you plan on loading up the tire w/ a lot of weight, this is usually not a concern for passenger car tires.<p>: <br>: : the wheel/tire size chart in the E46 owners manual?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index