Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jimg
01-23-1999, 12:16 PM
I have a 99 323i and got on the ground like an animal looking for the oil filter. Is it hidden from view ? or perhaps on the top side in a specail housing or something ? ...and what's with the lack of detail in the owner's manual

Jack
01-23-1999, 01:23 PM
<i>: I have a 99 323i and got on the ground like an animal looking for the oil filter. Is it hidden from view ? or perhaps on the top side in a specail housing or something ? ...and what's with the lack of detail in the owner's manual<p></i><p>Its in the engine compartment, on top.<p>open your hood, look down, right behind the radiator/fan in a black canister like thing.<p>

Callan
01-24-1999, 12:21 AM
The filter style is a "cartridge" style that BMW is almost alone in still using. You want to remove the filter/top before draining the oil pan so that the oil in the housing will end up end the block first. however; since BMW is using synthetic oil at a 15k sch. change interval I'm not sure if anyone will change the oil on their '99 model cars for awhile or until the sch. maint. package expires in a few years.

Jimg
01-24-1999, 03:01 AM
<br>: Okay, I thought there was something up with that strange structure.<p>Thanks,<br>Jimg

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index