Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

David Hyman
01-25-1999, 09:36 AM
Hey guys,<br> My dealer is about to send my order away to BMW. I currently have a Black 328i on order. I really think it looks nice in black. However, is the extra washing required on a black car enough reason to get another color which I don't like as much (silver or steel blue?)<p>Thanks,<br>David

FS
01-25-1999, 10:10 AM
<i>: Hey guys,<br>: My dealer is about to send my order away to BMW. I currently have a Black 328i on order. I really think it looks nice in black. However, is the extra washing required on a black car enough reason to get another color which I don't like as much (silver or steel blue?)<p>: Thanks,<br>: David<p></i>

FS
01-25-1999, 10:10 AM
<i>: Hey guys,<br>: My dealer is about to send my order away to BMW. I currently have a Black 328i on order. I really think it looks nice in black. However, is the extra washing required on a black car enough reason to get another color which I don't like as much (silver or steel blue?)<p>: Thanks,<br>: David<p></i>

Gilbert
01-25-1999, 10:26 AM
Almost nothing looks better than a well kept black car. Only thing is, that's about 5% of the time. Not to mention the care that need be taken when polishing. (Not to get the infamous swirl marks.) <p>On the other hand, The ti silver and steel blue ar probably the easiest colors to maintain. Both are reasonable neutral and don't show dirt that much. The silver will also be less likely to show scratches. I choose Silver because it is beautiful, and the German racing color. Also, I prefer mountain biking on weekends, not detailing my car.

Steve
01-25-1999, 10:39 AM
The 1/18 scale BMW Touring series car model I have (from BMG) of the factory racing (sedan) team is a white car. I thought because Mercedes used silver BMW took white. And then there's Porsch---good topic to discuss--any more input anyone?<p>Steve<br>98 E36 alpine white<p><br><i>: Almost nothing looks better than a well kept black car. Only thing is, that's about 5% of the time. Not to mention the care that need be taken when polishing. (Not to get the infamous swirl marks.) <p>: On the other hand, The ti silver and steel blue ar probably the easiest colors to maintain. Both are reasonable neutral and don't show dirt that much. The silver will also be less likely to show scratches. I choose Silver because it is beautiful, and the German racing color. Also, I prefer mountain biking on weekends, not detailing my car.<p></i>

Steve
01-25-1999, 10:41 AM
<i>: The 1/18 scale BMW Touring series car model I have (from BMG) of the factory racing (sedan) team is a white car. I thought because Mercedes used silver BMW took white. And then there's Porsch---good topic to discuss--any more input anyone?<p>: Steve<br>: 98 E36 alpine white<p>: <br>: : Almost nothing looks better than a well kept black car. Only thing is, that's about 5% of the time. Not to mention the care that need be taken when polishing. (Not to get the infamous swirl marks.) <p>: : On the other hand, The ti silver and steel blue ar probably the easiest colors to maintain. Both are reasonable neutral and don't show dirt that much. The silver will also be less likely to show scratches. I choose Silver because it is beautiful, and the German racing color. Also, I prefer mountain biking on weekends, not detailing my car.<p></i>

Gilbert
01-25-1999, 12:04 PM
I'm referring to the old, (not used since the 50's or early 60's) racing colors for countries.<p>Germany- Silver<br>Great Britain- British Racing Green<br>Italy- Red<br>France- Royal Blue<p>(Remember all those RSK's and 300's? The racing models were all silver. They were racing against British Racing Green D-types and Red Testarossas.)<p>I wasn't specifically refering to BMW's racing colors or scheme. (In modern times manufacturers have to go with their sponsers colors rather than their national colors. Although Ferreri's F1 cars are still rosa corso.)<p>

Jon
01-25-1999, 12:28 PM
Probably if a white E46 was shaped without the white color scheme in mind it would look butt ugly. So keeping in mind what each manufacturer's racing colors are really sets the tone for a more appealing esthetic... <p>Just imagine if the White House were painted brown, and called the "Brown House". It'd look like ****, and people wouldn't respect it. The same with cars. :-)<p><i>: The 1/18 scale BMW Touring series car model I have (from BMG) of the factory racing (sedan) team is a white car. I thought because Mercedes used silver BMW took white. And then there's Porsch---good topic to discuss--any more input anyone?<p>: Steve<br>: 98 E36 alpine white<p>: <br>: : Almost nothing looks better than a well kept black car. Only thing is, that's about 5% of the time. Not to mention the care that need be taken when polishing. (Not to get the infamous swirl marks.) <p>: : On the other hand, The ti silver and steel blue ar probably the easiest colors to maintain. Both are reasonable neutral and don't show dirt that much. The silver will also be less likely to show scratches. I choose Silver because it is beautiful, and the German racing color. Also, I prefer mountain biking on weekends, not detailing my car.<p></i>

Tom
01-25-1999, 12:47 PM

Thanks--Steve
01-25-1999, 01:15 PM
<i>: I'm referring to the old, (not used since the 50's or early 60's) racing colors for countries.<p>: Germany- Silver<br>: Great Britain- British Racing Green<br>: Italy- Red<br>: France- Royal Blue<p>: (Remember all those RSK's and 300's? The racing models were all silver. They were racing against British Racing Green D-types and Red Testarossas.)<p>: I wasn't specifically refering to BMW's racing colors or scheme. (In modern times manufacturers have to go with their sponsers colors rather than their national colors. Although Ferreri's F1 cars are still rosa corso.)<p></i>

Jesse
01-25-1999, 05:05 PM
my mom's vr6 wolfsburg jetta (black) was awesome, as long as it stayed clean. unless you have a butler to wash the car, i would stick with bright red, steel blue, or tit. silver...

every two days! FS
01-25-1999, 08:31 PM
<i>: my mom's vr6 wolfsburg jetta (black) was awesome, as long as it stayed clean. unless you have a butler to wash the car, i would stick with bright red, steel blue, or tit. silver...<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index