Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Nick S.
01-26-1999, 01:31 PM
The Microsoft Carpoint Website now shows that the M-Aero Package is included with the Sport Package on the 328. Could this possibly be true??? This is almost as good as getting a refund from the IRS!! The link to the website is:<p>http://carpoint.msn.com

Seamus Hartmann
01-26-1999, 01:41 PM
<i>: The Microsoft Carpoint Website now shows that the M-Aero Package is included with the Sport Package on the 328. Could this possibly be true??? This is almost as good as getting a refund from the IRS!! The link to the website is:<br><i><p>NO!!! This is NOT true! Like a dream of getting refunds, it is something that is smoke and mirrors. The proper information is that the M-Aero Package REQUIRES the Sport Package. The M-Aero Package is not included in the sport package. It is an extra charge, and is NOT available from the factory right now (for the past month...).<p>Sorry. Didn't mean to crush your fevered dreams and hopes.....<p>Seamus

JimM
01-26-1999, 07:42 PM
<p>Since you brought up the topic. I wanted to order the M-aero package for my E46-328i and was told by my dealer in Devon, PA that because of excessive demand the package was temporally unavaliable. He did however offer that, when the parts were again avaliable, he would be happy to have the parts ordered and installed, at more than TWO times the price of the option. When you go to buy a product at a store and they run out, they guarentee the price. Any body know a good lawyer? I realize the inherent contradiction of the question but if it will get me the M-aero package for $420, hello buddy! <p>

Lorenz
01-26-1999, 07:54 PM
<i><br>: Since you brought up the topic. I wanted to order the M-aero package for my E46-328i and was told by my dealer in Devon, PA that because of excessive demand the package was temporally unavaliable. He did however offer that, when the parts were again avaliable, he would be happy to have the parts ordered and installed, at more than TWO times the price of the option. When you go to buy a product at a store and they run out, they guarentee the price. Any body know a good lawyer? <br></i><p>I was hoping to get the M-Aero package as well, but BMW actually has problems with their supplier. <p>Give your dealer a break. He's trying to get you hooked up with an option that's not currently available. He could have just told you that it's no longer available, period. Sure, it costs more, but you have to consider that when you order the pkg from the factory, they're charging you $420 <b>more than the standard</b> front, side and rear fenders, etc. When you get it after market, BMW has already incurred the expense of installing the standard parts on your car, which they're not getting back from you... Also, your dealer has to paint and install these things, which isn't free for them.<p>Like everyone, I hate to feel like I'm being taken advantage of, but I also realize that businesses need to make a fair profit. This is why I drove a hard, but fair, bargain when I ordered my 328i, which I'm getting at $1500 over invoice in the SF Bay Area ($500 over invoice after $1000 discount).<p>Just a thought.<br>

JimM
01-26-1999, 09:52 PM
<br>I agree with your thought. However, I've also seen photographs of the package and its been hard to contain my disappointment. I'm not upset with the dealer and enjoy driving the cars, hard, it just seems a shame that the factory didn't do its' homework on this one. Then again, it's what's underneath that counts, so...<p>Has anyone heard if Dinan has issued a chip for the E46 yet? I last talked with Chris Crawford at Dinan in December and he said they were still working on the chip and suspension package. Great people to talk with by the way.

Lorenz
01-26-1999, 10:13 PM
<i>: <br>: Has anyone heard if Dinan has issued a chip for the E46 yet? I last talked with Chris Crawford at Dinan in December and he said they were still working on the chip and suspension package. Great people to talk with by the way.<br></i><p>I agree, it would have been nice to get the aero package. The pictures I've seen make it look very nice and understated -- none of those spoilers and similar crap hanging off the car like so many others on the road.<p>For a sec there, I thought you'd talked to <b>Cindy</b> Crawford at Dinan. I woulda been in there every day... :)<br>

Collin
01-27-1999, 04:52 PM
Lorenz- Which dealer did you get this from?<p><i>: <p>: Like everyone, I hate to feel like I'm being taken advantage of, but I also realize that businesses need to make a fair profit. This is why I drove a hard, but fair, bargain when I ordered my 328i, which I'm getting at $1500 over invoice in the SF Bay Area ($500 over invoice after $1000 discount).<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index