Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

R
01-26-1999, 06:53 PM
i purchased my 323 w/the sport package. my dealer told me that i'll have new shocks, springs, roll-bar, etc. he also told me that the car will be lower. however, he wasn't able to tell me but HOW MUCH will the car be lowered. do anyone know how much the sport suspension will lower the car? is it the same for front and rear?<p>thanks.

Chris
01-26-1999, 06:55 PM
<i>: i purchased my 323 w/the sport package. my dealer told me that i'll have new shocks, springs, roll-bar, etc. he also told me that the car will be lower. however, he wasn't able to tell me but HOW MUCH will the car be lowered. do anyone know how much the sport suspension will lower the car? is it the same for front and rear?<p>: thanks.<p><br></i>the car is lowered 15 mm all around (less than .5 inch)

Andi
01-26-1999, 09:12 PM
<i>: : i purchased my 323 w/the sport package. my dealer told me that i'll have new shocks, springs, roll-bar, etc. he also told me that the car will be lower. however, he wasn't able to tell me but HOW MUCH will the car be lowered. do anyone know how much the sport suspension will lower the car? is it the same for front and rear?<p>: : thanks.<p>: <br>: the car is lowered 15 mm all around (less than .5 inch)<p></i><p>15mm is 0.59 of an inch.. definitely more than .5 inch. <p>(1" = 25.4mm)<p>--Andi<br>

Mr. Metric
01-26-1999, 10:48 PM
I'm sure the 1/10 of an inch will be obvious...<p><br><i>: : : i purchased my 323 w/the sport package. my dealer told me that i'll have new shocks, springs, roll-bar, etc. he also told me that the car will be lower. however, he wasn't able to tell me but HOW MUCH will the car be lowered. do anyone know how much the sport suspension will lower the car? is it the same for front and rear?<p>: : : thanks.<p>: : <br>: : the car is lowered 15 mm all around (less than .5 inch)<p><br>: 15mm is 0.59 of an inch.. definitely more than .5 inch. <p>: (1" = 25.4mm)<p>: --Andi<p></i>

Chris Raia
01-27-1999, 12:32 PM
<i>: I'm sure the 1/10 of an inch will be obvious...<p>: <br>: : : : i purchased my 323 w/the sport package. my dealer told me that i'll have new shocks, springs, roll-bar, etc. he also told me that the car will be lower. however, he wasn't able to tell me but HOW MUCH will the car be lowered. do anyone know how much the sport suspension will lower the car? is it the same for front and rear?<p>: : : : thanks.<p>: : : <br>: : : the car is lowered 15 mm all around (less than .5 inch)<p>: <br>: : 15mm is 0.59 of an inch.. definitely more than .5 inch. <p>: : (1" = 25.4mm)<p>: : --Andi<p></i>Well, excuse me!

Bill
01-27-1999, 01:12 PM
If I am driving through a parking lot with speed bumps and it makes the difference between clearing them, and not it makes a huge difference!! Trust me, the Post Office near where I work has monster speed bumps that I clear w/my winter wheel setup, but have to "plan my route" through the parking lot on my summer wheels. One day last spring while plotting my course, barely rolling some guy not paying attention rear-ended me. His insurance paid for all the damage, close to $8,000 when you figure in rental car for close to a month. So, even a little bit can be important, especially if you have enough time on your hands to measure speed bumps. :o)

Tony
01-27-1999, 09:53 PM
<i>: : : i purchased my 323 w/the sport package. my dealer told me that i'll have new shocks, springs, roll-bar, etc. he also told me that the car will be lower. however, he wasn't able to tell me but HOW MUCH will the car be lowered. do anyone know how much the sport suspension will lower the car? is it the same for front and rear?<p>: : : thanks.<br>Although .59" dosn't sound like much, the difference in height between my white 323 sport and the non sport models seems obvious.<br>: : <br>: : the car is lowered 15 mm all around (less than .5 inch)<p><br>: 15mm is 0.59 of an inch.. definitely more than .5 inch. <p>: (1" = 25.4mm)<p>: --Andi<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index