Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Hugh
01-28-1999, 09:25 AM
I have been told my 323 was shipped on 1/21 ETA Newark ~2/2. In looking at the Wallenius Shipping page all scheules are shown with Southampton departure dates. Is there a piece missing, how do the cars get to the UK? <br>I'm not sure if knowing that the day is so close is good or if you are better not knowing. Information from the Internet is a double edged sword...<p>Hugh<p>323<br>steel blue/black<br>auto<br>moonroof<br>HK w/indash<br>cruise<br>foglights<br>Rear SRS<br>(Alloy wheels to follow, trying to decide between aftermarket or OEM's) <br>

Marc W
01-28-1999, 09:54 AM
<br>My car is on the same boat but I called E.H. Harms in Germany and they told me the boat is scheduled to arrive in Newark on 1/30.<p>I don't understand why everybody on the board keeps referenceing the UK site for Wallenius. All E46's that go to the US leave Germany from Bremerhaven/Germany and not the UK. Go checkout the link below for shipping schedules from Germany. <p><i>: I have been told my 323 was shipped on 1/21 ETA Newark ~2/2. In looking at the Wallenius Shipping page all scheules are shown with Southampton departure dates. Is there a piece missing, how do the cars get to the UK? <br>: I'm not sure if knowing that the day is so close is good or if you are better not knowing. Information from the Internet is a double edged sword...<p>: Hugh<p>: 323<br>: steel blue/black<br>: auto<br>: moonroof<br>: HK w/indash<br>: cruise<br>: foglights<br>: Rear SRS<br>: (Alloy wheels to follow, trying to decide between aftermarket or OEM's) <p></i>

Hugh
01-28-1999, 11:03 AM
<i>: <br>: My car is on the same boat but I called E.H. Harms in Germany and they told me the boat is scheduled to arrive in Newark on 1/30.<p>: I don't understand why everybody on the board keeps referenceing the UK site for Wallenius. All E46's that go to the US leave Germany from Bremerhaven/Germany and not the UK. Go checkout the link below for shipping schedules from Germany. <p>: : I have been told my 323 was shipped on 1/21 ETA Newark ~2/2. In looking at the Wallenius Shipping page all scheules are shown with Southampton departure dates. Is there a piece missing, how do the cars get to the UK? <br>: : I'm not sure if knowing that the day is so close is good or if you are better not knowing. Information from the Internet is a double edged sword...<p>: : Hugh<p>: : 323<br>: : steel blue/black<br>: : auto<br>: : moonroof<br>: : HK w/indash<br>: : cruise<br>: : foglights<br>: : Rear SRS<br>: : (Alloy wheels to follow, trying to decide between aftermarket or OEM's) <p></i>

Gilbert
01-28-1999, 12:46 PM
My dealer spoke with me last week regarding 1/15 build date. He told me it is usually 3 days from build to dock, then 5 or so days on the water. He also told me he'd call when he could confirm what day it will be at the dealership. (He estimated next week, but I haven't heard from him yet this week.) Would he be able to tell me what boat it is on?<br>Also, I don't know where you are at in the country, but he told me that it would be 5-10 days after the boat docked in Newark to get to the dealer. (My dealer happens to be in a town adjacent to Newark which makes me think I'm on the 5 end of that spectrum, so if you're someplace different, You might be looking at 2/12 as the dealer arrival.)

Hugh
01-28-1999, 02:52 PM
>Would he be able to tell me what boat it is on?<p>My dealer had a ship date from Germany of 1/21(status code?)and I approximated based upon that date the two ships leaving near that date and the ETA to Newark which he gave me (~2/2). I don't know if he can tell which boat but who knows. Then again, if I know specifically which ship, I would be scanning the Net for maritime news to see if it sank or something. As I said before, the Net is a dangerous thing... <p>> Also, I don't know where you are at in the country, but he told me that it would be 5-10 days after the boat docked in Newark to get to the dealer. (My dealer happens to be in a town adjacent to Newark which makes me think I'm on the 5 end of that spectrum, so if you're someplace different, You might be looking at 2/12 as the dealer arrival.)<p>I have read somewhere (maybe this board) that they may actually do some work adding accessories when it is unloaded at the distribution center. As a matter of fact my dealer gave me a 2/12 dealer arrival. Obviously he is a conservative guy on the 5-10 days. He also originally gave me a late Feb/early Mar date when I ordered the car.

Hugh
01-28-1999, 02:55 PM
<i>: >Would he be able to tell me what boat it is on?<p>: My dealer had a ship date from Germany of 1/21(status code?)and I approximated based upon that date the two ships leaving near that date and the ETA to Newark which he gave me (~2/2). I don't know if he can tell which boat but who knows. Then again, if I know specifically which ship, I would be scanning the Net for maritime news to see if it sank or something. As I said before, the Net is a dangerous thing... <p>: > Also, I don't know where you are at in the country, but he told me that it would be 5-10 days after the boat docked in Newark to get to the dealer. (My dealer happens to be in a town adjacent to Newark which makes me think I'm on the 5 end of that spectrum, so if you're someplace different, You might be looking at 2/12 as the dealer arrival.)<p>: I have read somewhere (maybe this board) that they may actually do some work adding accessories when it is unloaded at the distribution center. As a matter of fact my dealer gave me a 2/12 dealer arrival. Obviously he is a conservative guy on the 5-10 days. He also originally gave me a late Feb/early Mar date when I ordered the car. <p></i>

Gilbert
01-28-1999, 02:59 PM
Haven't heard from my dealer regarding the ship date. (I'm hoping around 1/20 or earlier.)<p>My dealer gave me the same early March/late Feruary when I ordered. Then it seems the car got built earlier than expected. But I don't think I'll see it until the 8th.<p>When did you order your car?? (ordered mine 12/30)<br>

Jack
01-28-1999, 03:11 PM
you lucky guy. I ordered mine 11/24 and as of now, it still hasn't been built. Dealer said January build but won't tell me when in January. I have not heard from them so I guess it hasn't been built yet. I will call them on Monday 2/1 to find out if it has indeed been built and when it will arrive. I hope it gets here before I have to go on a business trip on 2/8 but it doesn't look promissing :(<p><p><i>: Haven't heard from my dealer regarding the ship date. (I'm hoping around 1/20 or earlier.)<p>: My dealer gave me the same early March/late Feruary when I ordered. Then it seems the car got built earlier than expected. But I don't think I'll see it until the 8th.<p>: When did you order your car?? (ordered mine 12/30)<p></i>

Marc W
01-28-1999, 03:17 PM
<br>Like I said before I know directly from Germany that my ar is on the 1/21 Boat but my dealer doen't have anything in his computer other than the build date. I'm afraid that the car will get to Newark and just sit there forever while my dealer is trying to find out how to get updates on the computer.<p>Marc<p><i>: >Would he be able to tell me what boat it is on?<p>: My dealer had a ship date from Germany of 1/21(status code?)and I approximated based upon that date the two ships leaving near that date and the ETA to Newark which he gave me (~2/2). I don't know if he can tell which boat but who knows. Then again, if I know specifically which ship, I would be scanning the Net for maritime news to see if it sank or something. As I said before, the Net is a dangerous thing... <p>: > Also, I don't know where you are at in the country, but he told me that it would be 5-10 days after the boat docked in Newark to get to the dealer. (My dealer happens to be in a town adjacent to Newark which makes me think I'm on the 5 end of that spectrum, so if you're someplace different, You might be looking at 2/12 as the dealer arrival.)<p>: I have read somewhere (maybe this board) that they may actually do some work adding accessories when it is unloaded at the distribution center. As a matter of fact my dealer gave me a 2/12 dealer arrival. Obviously he is a conservative guy on the 5-10 days. He also originally gave me a late Feb/early Mar date when I ordered the car. <p></i>

Hugh
01-28-1999, 03:24 PM
<i>: Haven't heard from my dealer regarding the ship date. (I'm hoping around 1/20 or earlier.)<p>: My dealer gave me the same early March/late Feruary when I ordered. Then it seems the car got built earlier than expected. But I don't think I'll see it until the 8th.<p>: When did you order your car?? (ordered mine 12/30)<p></i>

Gilbert
01-29-1999, 08:51 AM
My only options were sprot package and fold down rear seats. (and Met. paint.) I was originally told my car would be built early Feb. But now I hold in my hand the vehicle status sheet with the build date and VIN. <p>I'm going to call the dealer this afternoon.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index