Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Christine S
01-28-1999, 01:26 PM
Have any of you owners over here worked with Steve Diamond at Eurobuyers.com to get your Bimmers? I'm a Z3 owner currently (that's for sale, that's another story) and many of us have used him to facilitate locating & purchasing cars. Word on the street is he'll locate a car for you with EXACTLY the options you want, etc for between $1000 and $2000 over dealer cost. Is that a REALLY good deal on a '99 or have any of you found working with the dealer directly to be beneficial? BTW I'm in the San Francisco area, any luck with the dealers here? I'm using Steve to order a new '99 328 (sport, premium, xenon, CD player) and am still hashing around color combinations (silver w/ black leather, lt blue w/ black leather, green w/ tan leather, I can't DECIDE)!!!<br>:)<br>

DCC
01-28-1999, 01:43 PM
Steve is a great person to work with to get the car you want at the right price.<br>I did not get my M3 though Steve because there was a trade-in involved. But my conversations with him led me to believe that he is a really good guy.<br>I do know of someone who has bought his M3 through Steve and was completely satisfied with the entire process.<br>If you know what you want, and you want a good deal without the hassles...go with Steve.<p>Dan<p><p><br><i>: Have any of you owners over here worked with Steve Diamond at Eurobuyers.com to get your Bimmers? I'm a Z3 owner currently (that's for sale, that's another story) and many of us have used him to facilitate locating & purchasing cars. Word on the street is he'll locate a car for you with EXACTLY the options you want, etc for between $1000 and $2000 over dealer cost. Is that a REALLY good deal on a '99 or have any of you found working with the dealer directly to be beneficial? BTW I'm in the San Francisco area, any luck with the dealers here? I'm using Steve to order a new '99 328 (sport, premium, xenon, CD player) and am still hashing around color combinations (silver w/ black leather, lt blue w/ black leather, green w/ tan leather, I can't DECIDE)!!!<br>: :)<p></i>

ian
01-28-1999, 02:44 PM
******><!-- beginheader --><? include("/usr/local/apache/websites/forums.roadfly.com/includes/oldarchives/headerCall.php") ; ?><!-- endheader --><? include("/usr/local/apache/websites/forums.roadfly.com/includes/oldarchives/adSlotBMWLeaderATFCall.php") ; ?><!-- beginrightnav --><? include("/usr/local/apache/websites/forums.roadfly.com/includes/oldarchives/rightNavBMWCall.php") ; ?><!-- endrightnav -->

Jay
01-28-1999, 03:07 PM
What is your opinion on the chances of getting a similar deal on the 323i ($1,500 and below over invoice)? From your experience, did you get the feeling that 323's are in more demand than 328's here in the Bay Area? And if so, maybe dealers are more inclined to making a better deal on a 328 since they may not be selling as fast as the 323? I'd love to get a 328 myself, and it sounds like you got a great price. It's the $36K that's holding me back!

Christine S
01-28-1999, 08:45 PM
<i> <br></i>

ian
01-28-1999, 09:01 PM
Jay, from my experience, it doesn't make any difference in getting a good deal whether you're buying a 323 or 328.<p>The reason I think it doesn't make any difference is that currently most sales are for factory ordered cars. The dealer don't keep the cars on their inventory and consequently they don't care if they sell 323 or 328.<p>I'm sure if you use the email/fax method, be persistent, and not rush yourself, you'll be rewarded with a good deal.<p>Good luck!<p><br><i>: What is your opinion on the chances of getting a similar deal on the 323i ($1,500 and below over invoice)? From your experience, did you get the feeling that 323's are in more demand than 328's here in the Bay Area? And if so, maybe dealers are more inclined to making a better deal on a 328 since they may not be selling as fast as the 323? I'd love to get a 328 myself, and it sounds like you got a great price. It's the $36K that's holding me back!<p></i>

ian
01-28-1999, 09:06 PM
This is from BMW of SF. Good luck!

Steve S.
01-28-1999, 09:23 PM
Decided already huh? Thats it...no soup for you! Are we still on for lunch?...cause you know you can't talk BMW there :-)<p>And to think, I was lining up that nice blue Subaru for ya!<p>Steve S.

Jay
01-29-1999, 10:52 AM
<i>: Jay, from my experience, it doesn't make any difference in getting a good deal whether you're buying a 323 or 328.<p>: The reason I think it doesn't make any difference is that currently most sales are for factory ordered cars. The dealer don't keep the cars on their inventory and consequently they don't care if they sell 323 or 328.<p>: I'm sure if you use the email/fax method, be persistent, and not rush yourself, you'll be rewarded with a good deal.<p>: Good luck!<p>: <br>: : What is your opinion on the chances of getting a similar deal on the 323i ($1,500 and below over invoice)? From your experience, did you get the feeling that 323's are in more demand than 328's here in the Bay Area? And if so, maybe dealers are more inclined to making a better deal on a 328 since they may not be selling as fast as the 323? I'd love to get a 328 myself, and it sounds like you got a great price. It's the $36K that's holding me back!<p></i>

Christine S
01-29-1999, 12:42 PM
<i>: HEY , what are you doing lurking all over the BMW boards? Get back to work, you AUDI lover you!<br>:)<p>

Steve S.
01-30-1999, 02:32 PM
Should get off the boards.... :-)<p>I wonder if "you know who" can tell just how much time we spend on the forums. Utoh! Better get back to work...or they'll throw our bonus checks out the door.<p>Anybody else think that if their employer found out how much time was spend on cruizin the boards, that they might be a little upset?<p>Steve S.<br>ex-BMW 318i<br>ex-BMW 325iS<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index