Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Seamus Hartmann
01-28-1999, 02:04 PM
Hey. <p>Just wondering who the moderator for this board is. Please stand up and be counted....<p>Or, if anyone knows better than me, tell me who it is (or if there isn't one...)<p>sorry for the Non-e46 related stuff........<p>Seamus

Steve
01-28-1999, 02:40 PM
<i>: Hey. <p>: Just wondering who the moderator for this board is. Please stand up and be counted....<p>: Or, if anyone knows better than me, tell me who it is (or if there isn't one...)<p>: sorry for the Non-e46 related stuff........<p>: Seamus<p></i>

Steve
01-28-1999, 02:42 PM
<i>: : Hey. <p>: : Just wondering who the moderator for this board is. Please stand up and be counted....<p>: : Or, if anyone knows better than me, tell me who it is (or if there isn't one...)<p>: : sorry for the Non-e46 related stuff........<p>: : Seamus<p></i>

Alan
01-28-1999, 03:39 PM
<i>: Just wondering who the moderator for this board is. Please stand up and be counted....</i><p>Sorry--having a busy day at my real job...just saw your message. In any case, here I am.<p><br>--Alan

Seamus Hartmann
01-28-1999, 03:46 PM
<i>: Sorry--having a busy day at my real job...just saw your message. In any case, here I am.<p>: <br>: --Alan<p></i><p>Hey, Alan.<p>Wow! That's really cool! The blue smoke (that smells vaguely of clutch) and the flames was a nice touch.....<p>I was wondering what the rules were about responses on this board. I don't think it's right to make a mockery of people, but I have the delimma of believing firmly in free speech..... Lead me, oh moderator......<p>(sound of man on knees, backing out of room with eyes averted......)<p>Seamus

Alan
01-28-1999, 05:22 PM
<i>: I was wondering what the rules were about responses on this board. I don't think it's right to make a mockery of people, but I have the delimma of believing firmly in free speech..... Lead me, oh moderator......</i><p><br>hehe...ok...the rules...well, there aren't any hard and fast rules. let me make up a couple off the top of my head.<p>1) the board isn't free, so there is no such thing as free speech on it.<p>2) now that i've stated #1 above, let me say that i prefer an uncensored board.<p>3) personal attacks don't do anyone any good. if i see something that bothers me enough, and if i feel that a particular person or ip address is becoming a general detriment to the board, i will block them from posting.<p>4) if things get really out of hand with someone, i contact their ISP with full logs of the messages they have posted, the times they have posted, etc. this does wonders.<p>5) try to ignore personal attacks if they happen. that's the best way to get rid of a bully--don't let them have any fun. if they know they're getting to you, they've already won.<p>6) if anyone really needs to vent, there's the handy flame board.<p><br>*alan disappears in a cloud of tire smoke*<p>

Lee
01-28-1999, 05:48 PM
<i>: There's no need to pull your smoke and mirrors act.....answer me from afar..you said the board isn't free,soo exactly who is paying for this wonderful exchange of technical arrogance<p><p><p>: I was wondering what the rules were about responses on this board. I don't think it's right to make a mockery of people, but I have the delimma of believing firmly in free speech..... Lead me, oh moderator......<p>: <br>: hehe...ok...the rules...well, there aren't any hard and fast rules. let me make up a couple off the top of my head.<p>: 1) the board isn't free, so there is no such thing as free speech on it.<p>: 2) now that i've stated #1 above, let me say that i prefer an uncensored board.<p>: 3) personal attacks don't do anyone any good. if i see something that bothers me enough, and if i feel that a particular person or ip address is becoming a general detriment to the board, i will block them from posting.<p>: 4) if things get really out of hand with someone, i contact their ISP with full logs of the messages they have posted, the times they have posted, etc. this does wonders.<p>: 5) try to ignore personal attacks if they happen. that's the best way to get rid of a bully--don't let them have any fun. if they know they're getting to you, they've already won.<p>: 6) if anyone really needs to vent, there's the handy flame board.<p>: <br>: *alan disappears in a cloud of tire smoke*<p></i>

Ran
01-28-1999, 05:57 PM
<i>: : I was wondering what the rules were about responses on this board. I don't think it's right to make a mockery of people, but I have the delimma of believing firmly in free speech..... Lead me, oh moderator......<p>: <br>: hehe...ok...the rules...well, there aren't any hard and fast rules. let me make up a couple off the top of my head.<p>: 1) the board isn't free, so there is no such thing as free speech on it.<p>: 2) now that i've stated #1 above, let me say that i prefer an uncensored board.<p>: 3) personal attacks don't do anyone any good. if i see something that bothers me enough, and if i feel that a particular person or ip address is becoming a general detriment to the board, i will block them from posting.<p>: 4) if things get really out of hand with someone, i contact their ISP with full logs of the messages they have posted, the times they have posted, etc. this does wonders.<p>: 5) try to ignore personal attacks if they happen. that's the best way to get rid of a bully--don't let them have any fun. if they know they're getting to you, they've already won.<p>: 6) if anyone really needs to vent, there's the handy flame board.<p>: <br>: *alan disappears in a cloud of tire smoke*<p></i>

Bruce
01-28-1999, 06:21 PM
<i>: : There's no need to pull your smoke and mirrors act.....answer me from afar..you said the board isn't free,soo exactly who is paying for this wonderful exchange of technical arrogance<br></i><p>isn't the answer obvious???<p>the saying goes something like this: "He who holds the gold makes the rules"<p>Bruce

Alan
01-29-1999, 12:20 PM
<i>: : There's no need to pull your smoke and mirrors act.....answer me from afar..you said the board isn't free,soo exactly who is paying for this wonderful exchange of technical arrogance</i><p>I'm looking around for "technical arrogance" but I'm not sure what you are talking about.<p>I pay for the site. If you would like to make a contribution (and perhaps you in particular could figure out how to do it tax free), drop me an email. :-)<p><br>--Alan

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index