Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alex
01-28-1999, 07:19 PM
...tomorrow. Well, 3 weeks later, and I have still not been able to get this task done at my dealer. Other dealers will not do it for free and they tell me my own dealer will do it at no cost. Somehow, I feel they are lying, but hey, my dealer will do it. It is just that he is too far from me. <p>What do I need to know about the E46 OEM alarm programming? What options do I have with the E46 alarm to tell the dealer to program on the alarm? The alarm already works right now, because they installed it a week ago and did not charge for turning it on. Is there anything more to it than that? I need to know if there are things than can be customized on the E46 OEM alarm that the dealer will give me choices on.<p>Also with Car & Key features, it there a choice where my door lock button will close all the windows and moonroof once pushed? I was under the impression that if the car is turned off, and the windows and the moonroof are open, pushing the door lock on my key will close all of them together. No such thing as of yet on my car. Is this normal or this is part of the Car & Key feature and/or alarm???<p>Thanks guys.<br>Alex

YS
01-28-1999, 07:58 PM
<i>: Also with Car & Key features, it there a choice where my door lock button will close all the windows and moonroof once pushed? I was under the impression that if the car is turned off, and the windows and the moonroof are open, pushing the door lock on my key will close all of them together. No such thing as of yet on my car. Is this normal or this is part of the Car & Key feature and/or alarm???<br></i><p>When you lock the door with the key (not with the remote) it will lock all the windows and close the moonroof (I think you have to hold the key for several seconds to activate the feature).<br>There's no way to achieve this using the remote.

Alex
01-28-1999, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info YS. Nice of you to pass along the info. Have yet to use the key to open or close the car !!! Gotta try it today !<p>Thanks a 1,000,000.<p>Alex<br>99 323i sport

Andy
01-29-1999, 03:39 AM
<i>: Also with Car & Key features, it there a choice where my door lock button will close all the windows and moonroof once pushed? I was under the impression that if the car is turned off, and the windows and the moonroof are open, pushing the door lock on my key will close all of them together. No such thing as of yet on my car. Is this normal or this is part of the Car & Key feature and/or alarm???<br></i><p>Just hold the close button on your remote for a few seconds and the windows and moonroof will start to close. The same works also with the open button for opening the windows and moonroof.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index