Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jack
01-30-1999, 06:30 PM
Just got off the phone with my sales person. She told me that my car has been built and is now waiting for a ship.<br>Will either go out 1/31 or 2/4 and arrive in New Jersey on 2/17 or 2/18 (why such a long trip? I don't know) and ready for delivery around the last weekend in Feb.<br>Another 3 or 4 weeks of wait :( well I guess after 10.5 weeks already another 3 or 4 weeks won't be so bad.<p>my options<br>328i<br>Fern Green<br>Grey Leather<br>Wood<br>Auto<br>Premium Pkg<br>H/K<br>Heated Seats<br>Nav system<p>ordered on 11/24<p>

FrankRizzo
01-30-1999, 07:47 PM
<i>: Just got off the phone with my sales person. She told me that my car has been built and is now waiting for a ship.<br></i><p>It might be on the ship with mine! (Which makes a stop in Baltimore on the 11th). Are you sure that your port is somehwere in New Jersey??<p><i><br>: Will either go out 1/31 or 2/4 and arrive in New Jersey on 2/17 or 2/18 (why such a long trip? I don't know) and ready for delivery around the last weekend in Feb.<br></i><p>Mine is supposed to make it on the 15th, hoping for delivery on the 20th!<p>As for "Why so long", it shouldn't take that long, It seems like it should only take 12 days if it is a "non-stop" voyage. Seeing the "routes" page on Wallenius' site, there IS the possibility that it leaves Bremerhaven, sails to Antwerp, then Southampton. Then it sails to Halifax, and bounces down to New York, then Balitmore, and back. So, if it actually makes all those stops, it COULD take that long..

Jack
01-31-1999, 12:25 PM
I'm really excited Frank! :)<p>Actually yes, my dealer told me that it will arrive at the newark new jersey port (closest one to boston) and then trucked up to boston.<p>When did yours get on the ship? Mine was built this last week so it couldn't have made it onto a ship yet. the next ship leaving is today 1/31 and then after that is 2/4.<br>according to the shipping page, it takes 9 days to get to newark from southampton but at the wlna page it says it will arrive on 2/17 to 2/18 which means over 2 weeks? well anyways I'm really hoping to get it before 2/20 (since my current car's insurnace expires on 2/20 and I don't want to renew for a few days and pay a early cancellation fee). :)<p>Jack<p><br><i>: : Just got off the phone with my sales person. She told me that my car has been built and is now waiting for a ship.<p>: It might be on the ship with mine! (Which makes a stop in Baltimore on the 11th). Are you sure that your port is somehwere in New Jersey??<p>: <br>: : Will either go out 1/31 or 2/4 and arrive in New Jersey on 2/17 or 2/18 (why such a long trip? I don't know) and ready for delivery around the last weekend in Feb.<p>: Mine is supposed to make it on the 15th, hoping for delivery on the 20th!<p>: As for "Why so long", it shouldn't take that long, It seems like it should only take 12 days if it is a "non-stop" voyage. Seeing the "routes" page on Wallenius' site, there IS the possibility that it leaves Bremerhaven, sails to Antwerp, then Southampton. Then it sails to Halifax, and bounces down to New York, then Balitmore, and back. So, if it actually makes all those stops, it COULD take that long..<p></i>

Gilbert
01-31-1999, 02:34 PM
I was told it was supposed to be on the water less than a week. Maybe she's being conservative with the dates?

FrankRizzo
01-31-1999, 03:07 PM
<i> <br>: When did yours get on the ship? Mine was built this last week so it couldn't have made it onto a ship yet. the next ship leaving is today 1/31 and then after that is 2/4.<br>: according to the shipping page, it takes 9 days to get to newark from southampton but at the wlna page it says it will arrive on 2/17 to 2/18 which means over 2 weeks? well anyways I'm really hoping to get it before 2/20 (since my current car's insurnace expires on 2/20 and I don't want to renew for a few days and pay a early cancellation fee). :)<br></i><p>I was loaded sometime in the last 2 days, and set sail yesterday. So, I am "on the water" so to speak. My only thought as to why it takes 2 weeks is that Newark isn't the first stop. It might be the last, and that causes the delays.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index