Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jon
01-30-1999, 11:20 PM
I hope to purchase a 3-Series this spring. I was wondering exactly what is "leatherette"? Is is just fake leather or vinyl, or a leather/vinyl combo?<br>Does it look like cheap immitation leather? The real leather adds too much too the price, so I'd like to stick with the leatherette.<p>Jon

Andrew
01-30-1999, 11:43 PM
Maybe BMW should rename other options like Xenonette in place of halogens.<p>Just kidding. Its vinyl with a fancy name. I picked the "leatherette" purely as a financial choice. Many say the leatherette will maintain its new look years down the road better than leather. However, the leather is much more of a comfort sitting than the vinyl. Also, you really can't tell the difference between the two unless you look very close. You can look at archives to get some more insight on these issue....its been discussed many times. Maybe other options should be renamed; <p>Kind regards.........Andrew<p><br></i><p></i>

Rich
01-31-1999, 09:35 AM
<i>I was looking at a 323i (Orient Blue with sand interior) with the Sport Package at my dealers (beofre I ordered mine) and noticed that it did not have the leather option - the first car I had seen at that dealership without leather - I presumed that they always ordered the leather option for their inventory- and I mentioned it to the salesman. He said that it was leather. I pointed out that there was no mention of leather on the sticker. We both had to carefully examine the upholstery, including sniffing before we decided that it was, in fact, leatherette. Some on this board have said that leatherette, especially sand, look very fake. I did not find thta to be the case, at least not in the sport package. I ordered my Titanium Silver with leatherette (black).<br>: I hope to purchase a 3-Series this spring. I was wondering exactly what is "leatherette"? Is is just fake leather or vinyl, or a leather/vinyl combo?<br>: Does it look like cheap immitation leather? The real leather adds too much too the price, so I'd like to stick with the leatherette.<p>: Jon<p><br></i>

FS
01-31-1999, 10:51 AM
<i>: I hope to purchase a 3-Series this spring. I was wondering exactly what is "leatherette"? Is is just fake leather or vinyl, or a leather/vinyl combo?<br>: Does it look like cheap immitation leather? The real leather adds too much too the price, so I'd like to stick with the leatherette.<p>: Jon<p></i>

Joe
01-31-1999, 03:40 PM
I have leatherette on my E36 and leather on my E39. I like the leatherette just as well as th leather.<p>

Alex
02-01-1999, 07:33 PM
(-:

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index