Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ian
01-31-1999, 02:00 AM
To those of you who have taken delivery of your car, what sort of inspection did you do when you picked up the car?<p>I'm thinking about standard visual inspections: <br>check exterior for scratch/chip/ding<br>check interior, test radio & CD, power windows, power seats<br>check engine compartment & trunk<p>Is there any specific thing that I need to watch out for?<p>I also think I'm going to ask my salesman to go with me for a short test drive, just to make sure the car runs perfectly. Is it a normal thing to do or is it going to make me look like a jerk?<p>My car should arrive here in mid April, but I'm starting early to prepare myself for the D-day :-)<p>Ian<br>328 <br>silver/black leather<br>sport<br>xenon<br>rear airbags<br>in dash CD + HK

arnold
01-31-1999, 02:58 AM
Definitely check for the AM whine.<p>Also check the black bumper Strips in the both sides of the front. The edge (one right next to the license plate assembly) of my right front strip was slightly sticking out. My dealer ordered a new part and will install a new one next week.<p>arnold<br>

EV
01-31-1999, 10:03 AM
<i>: Definitely check for the AM whine.<p></i><br>Is there a fix for the AM whine , or is it soemthing we have to live with ??

Jimg
01-31-1999, 10:10 AM
<br>Check the accounting and understand all the costs and insist on itemized clear accounting. My accounting at delivery was all messed up and am now, after the fact, tring to get a refund for over $500. They missed the deposit when I ordered the car and charged me twice for tags and other smaller charges.<p>Here are a few<p>Headlight condensation from washing <p>Rear bumper does not meet the rear wheel wells...not attached properly and floats downward ( a few mm) because attachment point was missed in assembly.<p>Side mirror (glass section) buzz/vibrates when door is closed<p>White smoke from tailpipe..just kidding<p><p>: Is there any specific thing that I need to watch out for?<p>: I also think I'm going to ask my salesman to go with me for a short test drive, just to make sure the car runs perfectly. Is it a normal thing to do or is it going to make me look like a jerk?<p>: My car should arrive here in mid April, but I'm starting early to prepare myself for the D-day :-)<p>: Ian<br>: 328 <br>: silver/black leather<br>: sport<br>: xenon<br>: rear airbags<br>: in dash CD + HK<p>

Lorenz
01-31-1999, 05:15 PM
<br>On a 328i, the spare wheel should be the same as the other 4 wheels installed on your car (not cheesy steel wheel), and should of course not have any scratches, etc.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index