Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Stano
09-18-1999, 12:41 AM
Is anyone aware of any recalls on the cooling system for the 88 M3?<br>

Patrick
09-18-1999, 09:15 AM
<i>: Is anyone aware of any recalls on the cooling system for the 88 M3?<p></i>I had a whole bunch of cooling system problems and found out there was one service bulletin that concerned the heater control valve but I am not sure if it was a recall or not. M3's have a tendancy to clog the radiators because the inlet and outlet are on the same side. This feature also does not allow for reverse flushing of the radiator. When I replaced mine, the new one came with some fittings on the opposite side of the inlet and outlet so I use these as clean outs and flush it every year.<p>Pat

Austin
09-18-1999, 01:17 PM
I just replaced the whole system - radiator (it's third one!), fan clutch, hoses, thermostat - car still runs a bit over center on the guage when sitting in traffic, but it's fine when moving. It's good insurance if you're over 100K miles to do the whole thing. -Austin '88 M3

Mark
09-18-1999, 02:03 PM
It was a valve and that was replaced to avoid spilling radiator fluid all over the driver's feet in the foot area of the driver's area. Can't tell you much else, sorry.<p>-Mark

Carlos
09-18-1999, 08:00 PM
<i>: It was a valve and that was replaced to avoid spilling radiator fluid all over the driver's feet in the foot area of the driver's area. Can't tell you much else, sorry.<p>: -Mark<p></i><p>You're talking about the cap that was part of a recall.

Stano
09-21-1999, 12:23 AM
<i>: : Is anyone aware of any recalls on the cooling system for the 88 M3?<p>: Hmmh, doesn't sound like there has been a recall. Thanks for the replies. I just replaced my radiator, cap and hoses. FYI The temp still sits in the middle point but does much better in traffic. <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index