Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Anthony
09-21-1999, 10:50 AM
I've had a problem with the wipers since I bought the car (July), they would only work on high, and they didn't "park" them selves, so I had to time it so they stopped while at the bottom of the windshield. Anyway, this morning I flip them on to just clear the morning dew, and flipped them off. Well, they didn't shut off. I went back and forth a few times, but they just wouldn't stop. So, as I'm coasting to what I think will be a red light I cut the ignition and shut them off, light turns green, I turn the key, but I'm not paying attention and I had to stop, turn the key back again, and then start the car in the middle of the road. Geez, what an ordeal, and the wipers are still zippen along my dry windshield. So, I get around a corner where there is room to pull off the road and get out my manual, find the fuse, and went out and pulled it. All of this at damn 15 to 6 this morning!!!<br>SOOOOOO, I need my wipers to work, and not to work, but when I want. I think it has a mind of it's own sometimes.<br>What can it be? Is there a resistor board like the heater fan (already did that fix, thanks to this board!)<br>Anthony

stanley
09-21-1999, 04:35 PM
I had the fan resistor motor problem this year. Fixed that.<p>And on a rainy day this year, I experienced the unstopping wipers, but with the added feature of the unstoppable washers. Imagine pulling over and opening the hood to pull the fuse (the washers move into a vertical position and do the double dirty deed of showering you while you find the fuse.)<p>On top of that, after putting the fuse in and out, depending on the rain condition, the hood latch refused to work, so it was a hell of a trip with the fuse out and the rain coming down in NYC.<br>It never happened again, maybe because I bought a new wiper switch and that brought the existing one in line and I always make sure the old hood latch returns before I shut the hood, even though I bought a new latch cable too.<p>Anyway, misery loves...<br>I'd like to know of any reasons for demonic wipers too.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index