Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

GeorgeL
10-06-1999, 12:13 PM
Hello,<p>If you were buying an E30 M3, which model year would you buy and why?<p>Thanks in advance.<p>George

JT
10-06-1999, 03:25 PM
<i>: Hello,<p>: If you were buying an E30 M3, which model year would you buy and why?<p>: Thanks in advance.<p>: George<p></i>

NoBrainz
10-06-1999, 04:25 PM
They also do not have airbags. The '91 models do. The '90s also have offset lower bushings, aluminum control arms, evo airboxes and most of mods the '91s do.<p>However, if you feel that having a high explosive device aimed squarely at the bridge of your nose is a good thing, get the '91.<p>Regards,<br>Jonathan<p><i>: : Hello,<p>: : If you were buying an E30 M3, which model year would you buy and why?<p>: : Thanks in advance.<p>: : George<p></i>

Todd
10-06-1999, 04:30 PM
They DO have airbags. In fact, my 1990 has a driverside(in the steering wheel) and a passenger-side airbag (in the glove compartment).<p><br><i>: They also do not have airbags. The '91 models do. The '90s also have offset lower bushings, aluminum control arms, evo airboxes and most of mods the '91s do.<p>

NoBrainz
10-06-1999, 07:11 PM
What month was your 90 produced in? My 90 has no airbags, either side. I assisted in removing the airbag steering wheel on a 91. I did not recall any passenger side airbag on that one but I will check. Of course the point may be moot because the guy looking for the M3 may not care one way or the other.<p>Regards,<br>Jonathan<br><i>: They DO have airbags. In fact, my 1990 has a driverside(in the steering wheel) and a passenger-side airbag (in the glove compartment).<p>: <br>: : They also do not have airbags. The '91 models do. The '90s also have offset lower bushings, aluminum control arms, evo airboxes and most of mods the '91s do.<p></i>

Paul
10-06-1999, 07:49 PM
Sorry guys, no airbags on the passenger side in a E30...ever! Like where would you put it? The tray on top of the dash prohibits proper passenger airbag location.

Barry
10-06-1999, 08:47 PM
<i>: Hello,<p>: If you were buying an E30 M3, which model year would you buy and why?<p>: Thanks in advance.<p>: George<p></i>Personally, I'd buy the 89 because it doesn't have that ugly airbag wheel, comes with ellipsoids, offset control arm bushings, and aluminum control arms. It just doesn't have the motorsport airbox.

Ryanto
10-06-1999, 11:31 PM
YEs, I agree with Barry if you have the choice. Preferably late 90 model (91 model is not smog legal in CA I heard). In reality, it is very hard to find descent E30M3 at this point in the market. Lots of people looking for the car like you. It is almost no choice. The good one most likely will be kept by the owners. Get any car (regardless of model year or color) which has detail service/maintenance history; consult with many E30M3 fellows. THis will allow you to budget the potential expenses. By the way, you will find heaven above 4500rpm.<br>

m3toomie
10-07-1999, 11:19 AM
You've got my curiousity up...I have a 90 and mine has an airbag...Also, I know 91's exist, but I have yet to see a physical exmaple of one in the US. (not that I've looked that hard)<p>How can I tell the Evo airbox from the regular??<p>thx<p><i>: They also do not have airbags. The '91 models do. The '90s also have offset lower bushings, aluminum control arms, evo airboxes and most of mods the '91s do.<p>: However, if you feel that having a high explosive device aimed squarely at the bridge of your nose is a good thing, get the '91.<p>: Regards,<br>: Jonathan<p>: : : Hello,<p>: : : If you were buying an E30 M3, which model year would you buy and why?<p>: : : Thanks in advance.<p>: : : George<p></i>

Todd
10-08-1999, 08:34 AM
Ok - <p>I spent some time looking at my car last night. I opened the glove compartment, and I have to admit that Im confused with what I see. Directly below the latch for the glove compartment, there is a bright, neon orange sticker that says "Caution, airbag". It says some other things, and its in English, German, and French(Spanish? one of the two). Anyway, when I look to find where the bag may be, I really cant see where it could be put either.<p>However, when I bought the car in 1995, the dealer also told me that the car had airbags on both sides. Maybe this was an option? Maybe that airbag is not really installed? Maybe that was pure BS? dunno. I definitely have the airbag wheel. I'll check into the month of production, if you really want to know.

Barry
10-08-1999, 09:13 PM
<i>: Ok - <p>: I spent some time looking at my car last night. I opened the glove compartment, and I have to admit that Im confused with what I see. Directly below the latch for the glove compartment, there is a bright, neon orange sticker that says "Caution, airbag". It says some other things, and its in English, German, and French(Spanish? one of the two). Anyway, when I look to find where the bag may be, I really cant see where it could be put either.<p>: However, when I bought the car in 1995, the dealer also told me that the car had airbags on both sides. Maybe this was an option? Maybe that airbag is not really installed? Maybe that was pure BS? dunno. I definitely have the airbag wheel. I'll check into the month of production, if you really want to know.<p></i>Never had an airbag on passenger side. Not mentioned in shop manuals either.

Gary H
10-12-1999, 03:43 PM
<i>: : Hello,<p>: : If you were buying an E30 M3, which model year would you buy and why?<p>: : Thanks in advance.<p>: : George<p>: Personally, I'd buy the 89 because it doesn't have that ugly airbag wheel, comes with ellipsoids, offset control arm bushings, and aluminum control arms. It just doesn't have the motorsport airbox. <p></i><br>My 89 has the motorsport airbox.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index