Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

dyp
10-07-1999, 02:38 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm mainly spend my time on the E36 pages-my question is about the E30 M3's and which models were brought to the US. I was reading BMW Car magazine about the E30 M3 and it seems a lot more common to find the Evo series on the other side of the pond. Were the Evo 1,2, and/or 3 M3 models ever brought to the US, or just the standard E30 M3's? I was thinking about the possibility of finding one of these rarer models and shipping it back to the US. Would this be worth the effort, or even be possible/legal for that matter to bring a car that was not slated for US delivery into the US? The E30 M3 is my dream car, one that I would keep forever, and I was a little curious as to whether I could get my paws on something as unique as the Evo 3 edition. Thanks very much<p>David Proctor<br>E36 325i, ERT S/C, Dinan TB, AA Exhaust, X brace<p><p>

NoBrainz
10-10-1999, 10:45 PM
Neither the Evo 2 nor the Evo 3 were officially imported to the US. Nor were the Cecotto, Ravaglia , Europa Meister or Cabriolet. We had to make do wht the lowly, bog standard E30 M3. <evil grin> However, all the parts are readily available to turn that stock M3 into a look alike, performance matching duplicate. <p>At a price. Good luck with the cabriolet though.<p>As to shipping one to the US, they have currently relaxed the laws for importing technologically significant or historically important automobiles to the US. I don't know anything else beyond that. Good luck.<p>Jonathan Porath<br>NoBrainz Motorsports<br>Http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jporath<p> <p><i>: Excuse my ignorance, but I'm mainly spend my time on the E36 pages-my question is about the E30 M3's and which models were brought to the US. I was reading BMW Car magazine about the E30 M3 and it seems a lot more common to find the Evo series on the other side of the pond. Were the Evo 1,2, and/or 3 M3 models ever brought to the US, or just the standard E30 M3's? I was thinking about the possibility of finding one of these rarer models and shipping it back to the US. Would this be worth the effort, or even be possible/legal for that matter to bring a car that was not slated for US delivery into the US? The E30 M3 is my dream car, one that I would keep forever, and I was a little curious as to whether I could get my paws on something as unique as the Evo 3 edition. Thanks very much<p>: David Proctor<br>: E36 325i, ERT S/C, Dinan TB, AA Exhaust, X brace<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index