Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mark
10-14-1999, 08:02 PM
My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.

Barry
10-14-1999, 09:42 PM
<i>: My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.<p></i>Orange is what you have when the red fades due to the sun.

Carlos
10-14-1999, 10:54 PM
<i>: : My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.<p>: Orange is what you have when the red fades due to the sun. <p></i><p>I swear those damn badges fade as soon as the car rolls off the dealership. Orange? I wish, mine are Pink!! It happened to my E36 M3 also, sunscreen anyone?

Ed
10-15-1999, 05:12 PM
eom<p><i>: : : My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.<p>: : Orange is what you have when the red fades due to the sun. <p><br>: I swear those damn badges fade as soon as the car rolls off the dealership. Orange? I wish, mine are Pink!! It happened to my E36 M3 also, sunscreen anyone?<p></i>

George
10-15-1999, 09:05 PM
I just recently got these paint codes from someone who is an authority on the subject. I double checked with a paint shop and they check out:<p>Blue: Pantone Process Blue<br>Purple: Pantone 268<br>Red: Pantone Warm Red<p>Good Luck!<p>: My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.<p>

European Racing Technologies
10-21-1999, 02:42 PM
<i>: My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.<p></i>The pantone colors mentioned later are very, very close. The dark center stripe is actually a blue/violet and the red is closer to a Henna red. And the badges do fade into the colors most seen - the light blue holds up the best. However, if you get the Motorsport stripes and flag decals we sell, they are guaranteed to not fade for 7 years. Our experience with them so far, 3 1/2 years later, is that the guarantee is holding up! Email us for more info.

sw
10-29-1999, 01:59 PM
Yeah, mine turned lt blue, lt-dark blue, and orange in about six weeks. i think there is some kind of spray to protect the emblem from fading. <p><i>: My dilemma, What are the no kidding colors for the three M colors? The way I see it is: Lt Blue, Violet, Orange The way I have seen it painted on everything is: Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Red. If you look closely at the emblems stuck on your car you will see the orange color NOT red. Check out the ///M in the center of your instrument cluster and the badges that adorn the trunk and grill for example.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index