Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Joey C
10-17-1999, 09:08 PM
Today I saw a 1989 M3 with 94500 miles on it. It was Black with Grey leather. The leather is perfect and the interior is in very good condition. On the exterior is a good size dent where someone backed into it. The dent is located where the passenger door and fender meet. He said it should be about a $1000 to fix (I am not sure). There is also a vibration in the steering under hard braking - the car is lowered with Eibach springs and the inside of the tires are worn well - he said it is causing the vibration - again I am unsure. The car seems to be in very good condition. I am no mechanic and I dont know a lot about cars - especially ///M cars (I own a 325es). He says he would like to sell for about $10,000 - I can probably go lower. What do you guys think? Any feedback would be great. I would not buy at $10,000 mostly because of that dent and it needing new tires, but what do you think? THank you - Joe.

Barry
10-18-1999, 04:16 AM
<i>: Today I saw a 1989 M3 with 94500 miles on it. It was Black with Grey leather. The leather is perfect and the interior is in very good condition. On the exterior is a good size dent where someone backed into it. The dent is located where the passenger door and fender meet. He said it should be about a $1000 to fix (I am not sure). There is also a vibration in the steering under hard braking - the car is lowered with Eibach springs and the inside of the tires are worn well - he said it is causing the vibration - again I am unsure. The car seems to be in very good condition. I am no mechanic and I dont know a lot about cars - especially ///M cars (I own a 325es). He says he would like to sell for about $10,000 - I can probably go lower. What do you guys think? Any feedback would be great. I would not buy at $10,000 mostly because of that dent and it needing new tires, but what do you think? THank you - Joe.<p></i>I bought my 88 M3 in similar condition with 78K miles and paid $7800 for it. My car just needs a paint job and some minor work, other than that it's great!

Paul
10-18-1999, 07:57 AM
<i>:<br>There is also a vibration in the steering under hard braking - the car is lowered with Eibach springs and the inside of the tires are worn well - he said it is causing the vibration - again I am unsure. <br></i><br>Sounds like it needs at least a front brake job with new pads and rotors. Probably better to replace the rear brakes also. It could also be worn suspension components. No way to tell without getting dirty or taking to a professional. Significant inside tire wear could be suspension problem also or a lack of proper tire maintenance.

Austin
10-19-1999, 05:35 PM
With the body damage you describe and the front end work needed, I'd say you shouldn't pay more than $8000 for it. I can also almost guarantee you'll need at least a grand for other little stuff that'll need fixing right off the bat. Of course I haven't seen the car so YMMV etc...

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index