Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

sw
11-01-1999, 05:11 PM
i am looking for a 2002 tii, can i put an s14 engine in it? i saw it a bmw magazine, but want to know if it is worth it? should i just look for a turbo model (they have a lot of lag..)? i really want a 2002 to put next to my e30 m3, but i want some serious horsepower for the track... help me

andy s.
11-02-1999, 02:23 AM
....very fast. My friends father has a Red 02 with a E30 M3 motor that has a true, clean 220 hp and it screams. I watched him pull away from me on an on-ramp and it was amazing. The car is located in Seattle. I think it was in a magazine but not sure which one. From what I understand it is actually a easy install. Good luck and hold on tight.<p>Andy S

Mark
11-02-1999, 11:40 PM
You can do it. It will cost you $6-10k to change over assuming you have a car in decent running condition. Investigate it carefully, take your time, and you should really enjoy it. My '69 will run 0-60 in 5 seconds. It is a real blast to drive this car, especially coming from a 320is. I used the drivetrain from my old car that I bought from salvage for $400. Email me if you have further questions. You will get more input from the 2002 board.<p>-Mark

cavan
11-03-1999, 02:14 PM
Hey andy, are you talking about pat? My friend has his yellow car and knew him through that. (selling it, it's not doing to well, needs a little work), tight though, wish I could buy.<br>cavan

Andy S.
11-03-1999, 09:30 PM
...Pat's dad owns it. That family has had many great BMW's and continues to build 02's. <p>It brings back memories of Ryan(Pat's brother) and I racing down the Preston Fall City road in the rain at 2:00 am. If I only had a limited slip in my Ford Fiesta he would of never pulled by me at the start with his 323.<p>andy

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index