Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paul
11-09-1999, 06:48 AM
Here's the deal..........<p>I've dreamed about owning an E30 silver M3 for years........<p>I found one last year, 1989 with 28K absolutely mint for $18,000........when I got to the guys house 4 hours away he sold it an hour before my arrival!!!<p>I found another one last week, 1989 with 66K absolutely mint for $16,700........<p>I'm having it checked out by a BMW Club mechanic and if he says it's OK I'm gonna buy it......<p>Like you all, I hate to overpay for anything but I'm afraid I won't find another nice silver M3.......<p>What do you all think? Thoughts, opinions? <p><p>

Barry
11-09-1999, 12:37 PM
<i>: Here's the deal..........<p>: I've dreamed about owning an E30 silver M3 for years........<p>: I found one last year, 1989 with 28K absolutely mint for $18,000........when I got to the guys house 4 hours away he sold it an hour before my arrival!!!<p>: I found another one last week, 1989 with 66K absolutely mint for $16,700........<p>: I'm having it checked out by a BMW Club mechanic and if he says it's OK I'm gonna buy it......<p>: Like you all, I hate to overpay for anything but I'm afraid I won't find another nice silver M3.......<p>: What do you all think? Thoughts, opinions? <p><br>: That really sucks that they sold it right out from under you. If you don't mind putting in work on your M3, I suggest buying a "not-so-mint" conditioned M3 for thousands less. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought my 88 w/77K miles for $7800, but figured $2000 for new paint, $1000 service, some TLC, and I have myself a mint M3 for just under 11K. I am in LA so there seems to be quite a few E30 M3's around, you may not have the availability where you are at. <p></i>

Austin
11-09-1999, 02:25 PM
<br>

sw
11-09-1999, 06:03 PM
that blows. i saw an 89 m3 with 88k for $16k. i ended it up buying it and it was a wise investment. my advice, if you canfind a mint one- buy it. <br>

JS
11-12-1999, 12:53 PM
a brand new Honda Civic :-) <p>good luck, hope you enjoy the car!

Space Wanderer
11-12-1999, 06:22 PM
<i>: : Here's the deal..........<p>: : I've dreamed about owning an E30 silver M3 for years........<p>: : I found one last year, 1989 with 28K absolutely mint for $18,000........when I got to the guys house 4 hours away he sold it an hour before my arrival!!!<p>: : I found another one last week, 1989 with 66K absolutely mint for $16,700........<p>: : I'm having it checked out by a BMW Club mechanic and if he says it's OK I'm gonna buy it......<p>: : Like you all, I hate to overpay for anything but I'm afraid I won't find another nice silver M3.......<p>: : What do you all think? Thoughts, opinions? <p>: <br>: : That really sucks that they sold it right out from under you. If you don't mind putting in work on your M3, I suggest buying a "not-so-mint" conditioned M3 for thousands less. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought my 88 w/77K miles for $7800, but figured $2000 for new paint, $1000 service, some TLC, and I have myself a mint M3 for just under 11K. I am in LA so there seems to be quite a few E30 M3's around, you may not have the availability where you are at. <p></i>I'd go for it! If you keep the car in good shape, 1t will retain its value.

Mike Cartmell
11-19-1999, 08:14 PM
$16,700's a good price. It makes more sense to pay a 2-3k premium on a mint car than invest in an average car and dump '000s into it to bring it upto snuff. I guarantee that you'll spend at least 3x the premium you're about to pay in upgrading a less than pristine car and even then you won't have an "original". Go for it, right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>: <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index