Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris
11-10-1999, 02:57 PM
I am looking to buy an '89 E30 325i with 123k miles on it as my daily driver. The car is in very good to pristine condition, silver bluish color. It got an auto transmission. It sells for $4000.<br>Should I buy this thing? How about reliability issue and maybe help on how many engine related issue does this model had?<br>BTW, hp of the engine, even on auto trans.?<br>Thank you very much for the help.

Robert
11-11-1999, 03:50 PM
168hp<p>Auto trans ZF is somewhat troublesome and tends to fail if it has not been replaced with an updated unit.<p>Change the timing belt and water pump immediately if they are over 20,000 miles old!!<p><br><i>: I am looking to buy an '89 E30 325i with 123k miles on it as my daily driver. The car is in very good to pristine condition, silver bluish color. It got an auto transmission. It sells for $4000.<br>: Should I buy this thing? How about reliability issue and maybe help on how many engine related issue does this model had?<br>: BTW, hp of the engine, even on auto trans.?<br>: Thank you very much for the help.<p></i>

Chuck W
11-18-1999, 10:34 AM
Purchased my 325isA new in September 1987. No significant problems in 140,000 miles. Have been two two drivers schools and had a blast even with the automatic tranny. Wonderful daily driver. Be sure the prior owner has changed the timing belt within the past 60,000 miles or four years. Also be sure the head bolts have been changed from the the hex head to the new torx. Other than those, I don't know of any significant problem areas. I have had problems with brake rotors, glove box latches, driver's door lock, oil leak from pressure sensor, broken left rear shock mount and rear wheel bearing. Get a Bentley manual or similar and do some of the work yourself.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index