Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

J.P.
11-16-1999, 07:41 PM
<br>I just took a look under my cousin's M3. Itīs a '89 euro spec,no cat M3.<br>The exhaust system looks very odd to me, and I wonder if someone can tell me the function and internal composition of some of its elements...<p>The exhaust line is as follows:<p>- Headers: 1-4 and 2-3 cylinders joined <br>- Downpipes: 2 pipes with 2 small square tubes joining them (one after the 4 into 2 section and other further downstream)<br>- Flange<br>- 2 into 1 into 2 crossover (looks like a X)<br>- Left pipe enters a small (cat like) ressonator, right pipe continues forward<br>- right pipe enters a small (cat like) ressonator, left pipe continues forward<br>- both pipes get into a small ressonator<br>- both pipes exit ressonator and stop in a flange<br>- The rear box is bolted to this flange with two pipes in and two pipes out<br> <br>I'm sure this car left the factory without a cat(it has no oxigen sensor)<p>any help ?<p>TIA<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index