Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

F. Carvalho
11-17-1999, 02:50 PM
I have just bought a '89 M3 (euro spec) and this is my first car with ABS.<br>When I brake at low speeds (less than 10 mph) I feel a stroke in the brake pedal and also hear a spring lifting. Is this normal?<p>Thanks in advance.<p>Franco Carvalho

Chuck W
11-18-1999, 06:41 PM
The chattering noise and pulsating brake pedal are normal. The M3 system may be different from my 87 325is, but according to my owners manual the ABS will operate once the speed goes above 2.5MPH and will operate at all speeds (assuming you push the pedal hard enough to cause a wheel to begin to lose traction) until it drops below 2 MPH. Hope this helps.<p>Chuck W<br>87 325is<p><i>: I have just bought a '89 M3 (euro spec) and this is my first car with ABS.<br>: When I brake at low speeds (less than 10 mph) I feel a stroke in the brake pedal and also hear a spring lifting. Is this normal?<p>: Thanks in advance.<p>: Franco Carvalho<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index