Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

J.B.
11-19-1999, 09:53 PM
I plan on getting rid of some fine scratches on my 328i....It's black so you can really see the scratches, no matter how fine they are. I was told that 3M Imperial Glaze is an excellent product to use in this situation. <p>For all of you who have used this before, or know about it, I've got some questions on how to use it:<p>1. How strong is this stuff? I mean, if I use too much, can I risk ruining the paint? So, how much of it should I use?<p>2. I know I should finish with a wax, but can I use a cleaner wax? I've got some Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, but am worried that the Meguiar's will actually remove the 3M Imperial Glaze. If not, buying some carnauba wax won't be a problem.<p>3. What have been your experiences with this product? Are you very satisfied? Do you have any tips or pointers on how to use this stuff? <p>Thanks for all of your help.<p><br>J.B.-anxiously awaiting your comments

J.B.
11-19-1999, 10:19 PM
<i>: I plan on getting rid of some fine scratches on my 328i....It's black so you can really see the scratches, no matter how fine they are. I was told that 3M Imperial Glaze is an excellent product to use in this situation. <p>: For all of you who have used this before, or know about it, I've got some questions on how to use it:<p>: 1. How strong is this stuff? I mean, if I use too much, can I risk ruining the paint? So, how much of it should I use?<p>: 2. I know I should finish with a wax, but can I use a cleaner wax? I've got some Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, but am worried that the Meguiar's will actually remove the 3M Imperial Glaze. If not, buying some carnauba wax won't be a problem.<p>: 3. What have been your experiences with this product? Are you very satisfied? Do you have any tips or pointers on how to use this stuff? <p>: Thanks for all of your help.<p>: <br>: J.B.-anxiously awaiting your comments <p></i>

NShaw
11-19-1999, 10:29 PM
3M Imperial Hand Glaze is a polish and is an excellent product. We use it regularly at my work on our aircraft (strongly recommended by company that does our paint jobs). I also use it on my 318i and A4. It is gentle and fine, not strong at all. You do not want to follow the Imperial Hand Glaze with the Meguires cleaner which is far more coarse. If you have alot of blemishes and shallow scratches, use the Meguires first then follow with the Imperial Hand Glaze. If not then wash the car throughly, and polish by hand with the Imperial Hand Glaze. Use sparingly, it is expensive and it doesn't take much anyway. Too much will not hurt your car's paint. Follow with quality wax. You will like the product. There are other fine products on the market as well.<br>Good luck J.B.<br>Nolan<br>

ritter
11-19-1999, 11:29 PM
Try going to www.carcareonline.com...it may help

Robert
11-21-1999, 10:24 AM
Should be able to steer yo to someone in your area.<p><br><i>: : I plan on getting rid of some fine scratches on my 328i....It's black so you can really see the scratches, no matter how fine they are. I was told that 3M Imperial Glaze is an excellent product to use in this situation. <p>: : For all of you who have used this before, or know about it, I've got some questions on how to use it:<p>: : 1. How strong is this stuff? I mean, if I use too much, can I risk ruining the paint? So, how much of it should I use?<p>: : 2. I know I should finish with a wax, but can I use a cleaner wax? I've got some Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, but am worried that the Meguiar's will actually remove the 3M Imperial Glaze. If not, buying some carnauba wax won't be a problem.<p>: : 3. What have been your experiences with this product? Are you very satisfied? Do you have any tips or pointers on how to use this stuff? <p>: : Thanks for all of your help.<p>: : <br>: : J.B.-anxiously awaiting your comments <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index