Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Derin
11-21-1999, 10:27 AM
When money allows I would like to consider getting an E30 M3<br>as a replacement for my M535i. The car would have to be a daily driver and with three kids I won't have a vast budget to keep spending on the car.<p>Do you think an M3 is a viable daily car and what should I be especially careful to check?<p>I'm sure all models are great but which would be my best bet given the above?<p>Thanks for any advice.<p>Derin<br>Scotland<br>M535i<br>325i Touring<br>3.0CS<br>2002

ritter
11-21-1999, 06:22 PM
If you decide to get the M3, be sure to check the timing chain as it is the problem that could cost you the most. I blew my engine because I didn't check it in time.

Derin
11-22-1999, 03:48 AM
<i>: If you decide to get the M3, be sure to check the timing chain as it is the problem that could cost you the most. I blew my engine because I didn't check it in time.<p></i>Thanks

sw
11-23-1999, 01:56 PM
check the cam chains especially. if they are worn they need to be replaced. also check the compression. i had a full diagnostic before i bought mine. about those cam chains- they should be replaced at 80k-90k or else it will be a big expense to do it later. the e30 m3 is a damn reliable car if it is maintained well. if you can get a good one, you'll never regret it. about the upkeep- prices should be comprable to your m535, if not a little higher. that is the pricing standards in the U.S. anyway. good luck <p><br><i>: When money allows I would like to consider getting an E30 M3<br>: as a replacement for my M535i. The car would have to be a daily driver and with three kids I won't have a vast budget to keep spending on the car.<p>: Do you think an M3 is a viable daily car and what should I be especially careful to check?<p>: I'm sure all models are great but which would be my best bet given the above?<p>: Thanks for any advice.<p>: Derin<br>: Scotland<br>: M535i<br>: 325i Touring<br>: 3.0CS<br>: 2002<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index