Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Joel
11-22-1999, 07:52 PM
I am looking for an e30 M3 as a second car for driving schools and autoxing (tired of beating up my Z3). I am in DC but will travel for the right car. Would prefer suspension mods already in place.<p>Please email me if you have a lead on one or know of a better place to look.<p>Thanks!<br>Joel

sw
11-23-1999, 02:07 PM
a word to the wise- look for a car that has NOT been used on the track. if you find one with track use it will probably have been driven to hell. <p><br><i>: I am looking for an e30 M3 as a second car for driving schools and autoxing (tired of beating up my Z3). I am in DC but will travel for the right car. Would prefer suspension mods already in place.<p>: Please email me if you have a lead on one or know of a better place to look.<p>: Thanks!<br>: Joel<p></i>

Geoff T
11-24-1999, 01:04 PM
I'll have to take exception to SW's comments. If anything, look for a car that has been on the track extensively and avoid those M3's that have been babied. These engines were meant to be driven and driven to redline frequently. My car has thousands of track miles and seems to run better after every hard session. I agree with you though, find a car with the work already done. I did and it will save you a substantial amount of money. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info.

sw
11-25-1999, 09:08 PM
you make great point and now that i think about it, i would have to agree with you. i was cautious to not buy an m3 with extensive track use when looking for my car, since racing wasn't my main priority (only occaisionally). since the car in question would be used on the track, you're right, he should go for one with track use. <p><p><br><i>: I'll have to take exception to SW's comments. If anything, look for a car that has been on the track extensively and avoid those M3's that have been babied. These engines were meant to be driven and driven to redline frequently. My car has thousands of track miles and seems to run better after every hard session. I agree with you though, find a car with the work already done. I did and it will save you a substantial amount of money. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info.<p></i>

Ines
12-08-1999, 09:28 AM
Ok joel.<br>I have a 90' M3 never been on the track great condition. White, with grey interior. very clean inside/out. 80K. garaged car and never sees snow and very little rain. a non-smoker and fully loaded. however, has been hit on the right front wheel and has been repaired and painted. Going through a divorce and must sell before lawyers end up with it. Live in the Boston MA area. asking $14K must see car.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index