Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alex
08-20-2001, 12:58 PM
replaced SRS wheel with an aftermarket, but I can't figure out how to disable the idiot light. The only thing I can think of is drilling (carefully!) into the back of the light cluster.<p>Anyone have experience with this?<p>TIA

Brett Anderson
08-20-2001, 02:09 PM
Unplugging the SRS control unit should do it.<p><br><i><br>replaced SRS wheel with an aftermarket, but I can't figure out how to disable the idiot light. The only thing I can think of is drilling (carefully!) into the back of the light cluster.<p>Anyone have experience with this?<p>TIA<p></i><br>

michael
08-20-2001, 06:57 PM

Brett Anderson
08-20-2001, 11:02 PM
<i><br> <p></i><br>

roger j
08-21-2001, 02:42 AM
<i><br>Unplugging the SRS control unit should do it.<p><p>replaced SRS wheel with an aftermarket, but I can't figure out how to disable the idiot light. The only thing I can think of is drilling (carefully!) into the back of the light cluster.<p>Anyone have experience with this?<p>TIA<p><br></i> Just removed the light bulb should do it.<br> RogerJ.<br>

Brett Anderson
08-21-2001, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately, removing the bulb won't do it.<p>There is a back up LED soldered to the board of the cluster that will illuminate if the bulb is missing, or fails.<p>Unplugging the control unit should shut off the signal to the bulb/led combination, therefore, turn them off.<p><i><p>Unplugging the SRS control unit should do it.<p><br>replaced SRS wheel with an aftermarket, but I can't figure out how to disable the idiot light. The only thing I can think of is drilling (carefully!) into the back of the light cluster.<p>Anyone have experience with this?<p>TIA<p><br> Just removed the light bulb should do it.<br> RogerJ.<p></i><br>

michael
08-21-2001, 02:14 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index