Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tim Suddard
12-15-2001, 09:41 AM
We just finished our E30 M3 project car.<p>I want to thank all the listers that helped us. The latest changes were to the suspension. We now have a car that handles perfectly neutral, no more push! (special thanks to Turner Motorsports and Ground control) The car is nearly 1.5 seconds faster than stock on our 40 second test track. The car also rides better than a stock M3! That is the part that amazes me the most. We also have cured the shifter buzz once and for all. (Special thanks to UUC for that one).<p>The original intent was to finish the E30 and then move on to an E36 M3. Change of plans! This E30 M3 is the best car I have ever had. I believe we have a nationally competitive SCCA CSP autocross car (once we take the evo cam gear back off for legality reasons) that is a comfortable daily driver.<p>If you want to see all the changes we made to the suspension and how we fixed the shifter buzz, the full story will be in the March issue of Grassroots Motorsports on sale in late January. If people harass me for info sooner, I will put info up on our website (www.grassrootsmotorsports).<p>Thanks again,<br>Tim Suddard/Grassroots Motorsports

C///MR
12-15-2001, 10:01 AM

Stan
12-15-2001, 10:02 AM
You might also post at DTM: <p>http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/index.php?s=<p>What if anything that is allowed in CSP does the car NOT yet have? I think that you might be able to run w/o the cat for example, and change seats, things like that. <p>Stan

JDELUNA
12-15-2001, 12:39 PM

JDM3
12-15-2001, 04:54 PM

LV (OO=[][]=OO)
12-15-2001, 06:06 PM
...& I won't shoot my eye out.<p>LV (OO=[][]=OO)<br>

Tim Suddard
12-16-2001, 09:16 AM
Yes, I believe you can run without the cat. You can also go to a little more radical suspension, aftermarket programable fuel injection, lighter seats, etc. I don't think I want to go any further, becuase I like driving the car to work too much!<p>

Mpower
12-17-2001, 04:19 AM
<i><br> <p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index